SEND Conector Issue (donot route mail outsides)

  • Shani
    Message 1 of 7 , May 30, 2009

      Hello dear concern

      I am deploying exchange server 2007.my only problem is send connector in server configuration. I am using  external DNS,MX

      What should I do to route the mails outside. Recently I am running exchange 2000

      So help me what sort of configuration I should made

      If someone send me snapshot its is very usefull to me

      Regards

      zeeshan

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2009

        Hiya Ed.  At this point, no CCR.  LCR is running on the single mail server.  I’ve tried to convince the powers that be of the benefits of clustering but they can’t grasp the concept because it doesn’t include the words “backup” or “tape”.   That, in itself, is another story, but they can understand “backup hardware” and fork over the check to buy that item.  A cluster would be cheaper.  Suffice to say I have dinosaurs for administrators.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2009

          I don’t propose that a cluster obviates the need for backups, but it does make backing up easier in some respects.  One is that you can probably justify a weekly-full-with-daily-incremental backup scheme, and you can take backups during business hours from the passive node.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 1, 2009

            You and I understand those aspects and how they work.  The problem is getting the administrators with the purse strings to accept any solution we decide upon with the appropriate technology.  Despite our best efforts to help their understanding, if “backup and restore” or “disaster recovery” aren’t buzz words included in the quote or presentation in a way they understand, they don’t feel safe enough to want to try anything else.  We took that horse to that trough but it died of thirst anyway.  Funny, as in what’s that smell, that the check for 38K can be written for a backup appliance, but the money for 2 additional servers and more storage for 24K to make a solid cluster solution with expanded storage on the backside is out of the question.  The biggest problem is that, as an institution, there is no policy or business rule outlining how many backups are to be stored which leaves us in a bind because we don’t know how much storage to plan for based on the amount and number of backups.  Internally to our team, we keep 2 week’s worth of data and that’s the best we can do with the storage on hand.  Once the right decision is made regarding the business rule, then we’ll know what to get for storage expansion and complete the D2D2D project.  At that time, the ones wanting the longer amounts of backups can write us the check.

            Let’s just say that when the dog and pony show comes through our server farm, the shock and awe factor is very high when they see a couple of EVAs and think we’re on the bleeding edge of technology.  The cabinet is cool.  The servers are nice and the storage looks great.  All the LEDs hypnotize and they can’t understand *what* we do with the device as they can’t get past the coolness factor.  They’re going to faint when they see blade servers this summer.

            The HP DP solution is nice, don’t get me wrong, but the process to get database backups to a storage location kind of bothers me; seems redundant.  I’ve got DPM installed and going to test drive it and see what’s under the hood for a compare and contrast drive.  The cost and time of the backup solution could be greatly reduced if DPM goes from my live databases direct to storage via VSS as I’ll be able to invest in discs rather than another appliance.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 12, 2009

              http://blogs.3sharp.com/deving/archive/2007/09/25/3759.aspx

              http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/11/01/430185.aspx

              http://www.petri.co.il/configuring-exchange-2007-send-external-email.htm

              A simple search on "Exchange 2007 send connector configuration" finds these and more.

              --

              Devin L. Ganger, Sr. Messaging Architect <deving@...>

              Microsoft Certified Master | Exchange 2007; Exchange MVP

              3Sharp LLC                         Phone: 425.882.1032 x1011

              14700 NE 95th Suite 210             Cell: 425.239.2575

              Redmond, WA  98052                   Fax: 425.702.8455

              (e)Mail Insecurity: http://blogs.3sharp.com/blog/deving/