Running Yslow from a script

  • John Clegg
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2008
      Hi,

      I've been running audits of websites and they're Yslow rankings. I was wondering you had here was an automated way to suck all the information out of YSlow ?

      At the moment, I've been accessing the sites manually and cutting and pasting in the data into a google spreadsheet.

      Cheers

      John

    • Rob Larsen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 26, 2008
        If anyone has such a script can they send it back in time to me. I really
        could have used it when doing this list manually:

        http://www.drunkenfist.com/304/2008/01/30/yslow-performance-grades-for-200-top-web-sites/

        :)

        Thanks,

        Rob

        > Hi,
        >
        > I've been running audits of websites and they're Yslow rankings. I
        > was wondering you had here was an automated way to suck all the
        > information out of YSlow ?
        >
        > At the moment, I've been accessing the sites manually and cutting and
        > pasting in the data into a google spreadsheet.
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > John

      • Philip Tellis
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 26, 2008
          Sometime on Jun 27, JC dropped bits saying:

          > I've been running audits of websites and they're Yslow rankings. I was
          > wondering you had here was an automated way to suck all the
          > information out of YSlow ?

          yslow can beacon results back to a web service.

          this is how you do it:

          1. In firefox, enter about:config in the url.
          2. Enter yslow*beacon in the filter field
          3. Edit extensions.firebug.yslow.beaconUrl to use your own url
          4. Set extensions.firebug.yslow.optinBeacon to true

          And you should be done. I don't have the list of parameters handy, but
          if you just var_dump $_REQUEST (in php) or $cgi->param (in perl), it
          should
          be clear.

          HTH,

          Philip