Re: What kind of optimization does this tool?

  • tirengarfio
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2013
      Thanks, what does "..try progressive JPEGs." mean??

      Why have you disabled the "strip all metadata from JPEGs (currently disabled)"?

      Javi

      --- In exceptional-performance@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Duran <marcelduran@...> wrote:

      > http://developer.yahoo.com/yslow/smushit/faq.html#faq_crushtool
      >
      > @marcelduran
      >

      > On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM, tirengarfio <tirengarfio@...>wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > is it optmizing the quality of the image? If yes, what does it do exactly?
      > >
      > > Or just is removing metada?
      > >
      > > Regards
      > >
      > > Javi

    • tirengarfio
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 9, 2013
        Thanks, could you tell what is the command that are you using to optimize the jpegs? I'm trying "jpegtran -copy none -optimize -perfect src.jpg dest.jpg" but it my images become even heavier.

        What version of jpegtran are you using? I have libjpeg-turbo version 1.2.1 (build 20120920)?

        I have opened this discussion here: http://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/50500/check-if-an-image-is-already-optimized-for-the-web/50538?noredirect=1#comment50404_50538 . Maybe you want to give your opinion.

        Javier

        --- In exceptional-performance@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Duran <marcelduran@...> wrote:

        > http://developer.yahoo.com/yslow/smushit/faq.html#faq_crushtool
        >
        > @marcelduran
        >

        > On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM, tirengarfio <tirengarfio@...>wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > is it optmizing the quality of the image? If yes, what does it do exactly?
        > >
        > > Or just is removing metada?
        > >
        > > Regards
        > >
        > > Javi

      • Marcel Duran