What kind of optimization does this tool?

  • tirengarfio
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8, 2013
      Hi,

      is it optmizing the quality of the image? If yes, what does it do exactly?

      Or just is removing metada?

      Regards

      Javi
    • Marcel Duran
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8, 2013
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yslow/smushit/faq.html#faq_crushtool

        @marcelduran

        On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM, tirengarfio <tirengarfio@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi,
        >
        > is it optmizing the quality of the image? If yes, what does it do exactly?
        >
        > Or just is removing metada?
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Javi

      • tirengarfio
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 9, 2013
          Thanks, what does "..try progressive JPEGs." mean??

          Why have you disabled the "strip all metadata from JPEGs (currently disabled)"?

          Javi

          --- In exceptional-performance@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Duran <marcelduran@...> wrote:

          > http://developer.yahoo.com/yslow/smushit/faq.html#faq_crushtool
          >
          > @marcelduran
          >

          > On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM, tirengarfio <tirengarfio@...>wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > is it optmizing the quality of the image? If yes, what does it do exactly?
          > >
          > > Or just is removing metada?
          > >
          > > Regards
          > >
          > > Javi

        • tirengarfio
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 9, 2013
            Thanks, could you tell what is the command that are you using to optimize the jpegs? I'm trying "jpegtran -copy none -optimize -perfect src.jpg dest.jpg" but it my images become even heavier.

            What version of jpegtran are you using? I have libjpeg-turbo version 1.2.1 (build 20120920)?

            I have opened this discussion here: http://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/50500/check-if-an-image-is-already-optimized-for-the-web/50538?noredirect=1#comment50404_50538 . Maybe you want to give your opinion.

            Javier

            --- In exceptional-performance@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Duran <marcelduran@...> wrote:

            > http://developer.yahoo.com/yslow/smushit/faq.html#faq_crushtool
            >
            > @marcelduran
            >

            > On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM, tirengarfio <tirengarfio@...>wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > is it optmizing the quality of the image? If yes, what does it do exactly?
            > >
            > > Or just is removing metada?
            > >
            > > Regards
            > >
            > > Javi

          • Marcel Duran