RE: [exceptional-performance] "Getting component information" stuck

  • Stoyan Stefanov
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 7, 2008
      Hi,

      Sounds like YSlow is choking on something on the page. Could you post
      the URL of the page?

      I'm assuming it happens on specific page(s) not on all pages.

      Thanks,
      Stoyan

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 7, 2008
        Actually its all pages. Ever since I've installed it I haven't been
        able to view anything.

        --- In exceptional-performance@yahoogroups.com, "Stoyan Stefanov"
        <stoyan@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Sounds like YSlow is choking on something on the page. Could you post
        > the URL of the page?
        >
        > I'm assuming it happens on specific page(s) not on all pages.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Stoyan

      • Stoyan Stefanov
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 7, 2008

          Hmm, I wonder if it could be a conflict with one of the other extensions.

          Could you try disabling (no need to uninstall) all extensions and then enable only Firebug and YSlow?

          Thanks,

          Stoyan

          <stoyan@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Sounds like YSlow is choking on something on the page. Could you post
          > the URL of the page?
          >
          > I'm assuming it happens on specific page(s) not on all pages.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Stoyan
          >
          > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _
          > From: exceptional- performance@ yahoogroups. com

        • developdaly
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 7, 2008
            I did exactly that and no difference. It must be something with my
            computer though because I couldn't find any other people with this
            problem.

            <stoyan@...> wrote:

            > Hmm, I wonder if it could be a conflict with one of the other
            > extensions.
            >

            > Could you try disabling (no need to uninstall) all extensions and then
            > enable only Firebug and YSlow?
            >

            > Thanks,
            >
            > Stoyan
            >

            > ________________________________

          • dan.pupius
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 8, 2008
              I installed it today as well, with the same problem as you describe.
              Two different machines, clean profile with only Firebug and the DOM
              Inspector extensions installed.

              --- In exceptional-performance@yahoogroups.com, "developdaly"
              <patrickpromises@...> wrote:

              > I did exactly that and no difference. It must be something with my
              > computer though because I couldn't find any other people with this
              > problem.
              >
              > --- In exceptional-performance@yahoogroups.com, "Stoyan Stefanov"
              > <stoyan@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hmm, I wonder if it could be a conflict with one of the other
              > > extensions.
              > >

              > > Could you try disabling (no need to uninstall) all extensions and then
              > > enable only Firebug and YSlow?
              > >

              > > Thanks,
              > >
              > > Stoyan

            • developdaly
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 21, 2008
                I'm having the same issue now on two computers, one of which I just
                reformatted a week ago. This issue is growing - many people are
                experiencing this now.