Web Performance Automation, Joshua Bixby @ New York Web Performance Meetup

  • Sergey Chernyshev
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2010
      If you're in New York or around, save the date! It's going to be a great session, come join us!

      On October 13th, Joshua Bixby (@JoshuaBixby), President of Strangeloop Networks and author of Web Performance Today blog will talk about Web Performance Automation.

      Abstract:
      Depending on who you talk to, performance automation can range from the holy grail of performance tuning to a set of programming hacks that will bring down your website. In reality, it is neither of these things.

      Joshua will talk about:
      • Different approaches to automation
      • Pros and cons of each
      • What kinds of performance best practices can or should be automated
      • What best practices are better left to hands-on developers
      • How “automatic” is performance automation, actually?
      • A survey of the automation market today
      Agenda:
      6:00 - Arrive to the event, meet other members
      6:15 - Introduction to Web Performance
      6:30 - Web Performance Automation, Joshua Bixby
      8:00 - Q&A
      8:30 - Open Discussion, Networking

      Time Inc. offered their Watercooler meeting to host NY Web Performance meetup.
      Host contact: Alla Gringaus, Web Technology Fellow
      Questions: 646 391 9671

      Strangeloop Networks is sponsoring pizza and sodas!

      Location:
      Rockefeller Center Time & Life Bldg
      Nearest Transit:
      50th St - 8th Ave (C, E
      50th St - Ave of the Americas (F, V, B, D
      49th St - 7th Ave (N, R, W)

      Get directions on Google Maps: http://bit.ly/c5rTgs
      Street View for the Entrance: http://bit.ly/bpxpOW

      You'll need to bring a photo ID for security downstairs.

      Don't miss it, see you there on Wednesday, October 13th at 6:00.

      Thank you,

               Sergey

      --
      Sergey Chernyshev
      http://www.sergeychernyshev.com/

    • Steve Robillard
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2010

        Sergey,

        Any chance this will be recorded. I would love to see what else in the deployment process I can automate besides minimizing CSS, JS and optimizing images.

        Thanks,

        Steve