Steve Souders is judge in FASTWEB RACE Performance Contest – Deadline is July 15

  • corinna.krueger
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
      The FastWeb Race is a hands-on contest for anyone, who builds, tests, optimizes or manages Web sites and apps. Submit your site to the FastWeb Race by July 15, 2009 and show us how your site stacks up in areas that matter most to end-users.

      http://www.fastwebrace.com

      Here's how it works:

      Enter your Web site or Web application in either of the following two categories:
      1. FASTEST IN THE WORLD - You think your site is faster than light speed (or close to it) and/or you have achieved an order of magnitude performance improvement.

      Prize: FastWeb Race Performance Award and six months of free Web performance monitoring from Keynote Systems.

      2. EAGER TO BECOME THE FASTEST - You have tried (almost) everything to make your site faster, and you just don't get the performance improvements you were expecting.

      Prize: A free performance analysis ($10,000 value) including step-by-step guidance from Web performance and acceleration experts at Google, Keynote, F5 and RockStarApps.

      Submit your entry today to http://www.fastwebrace.com
    • Dion Almaer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
        It would be fun to provide a site, and ask people to submit their fast
        versions :)

        On Jul 2, 2009, at 5:31 PM, "corinna.krueger"
        <corinna.krueger@...> wrote:

        > The FastWeb Race is a hands-on contest for anyone, who builds,
        > tests, optimizes or manages Web sites and apps. Submit your site to
        > the FastWeb Race by July 15, 2009 and show us how your site stacks
        > up in areas that matter most to end-users.
        >
        > http://www.fastwebrace.com
        >
        > Here's how it works:
        >
        > Enter your Web site or Web application in either of the following
        > two categories:
        > 1. FASTEST IN THE WORLD - You think your site is faster than
        > light speed (or close to it) and/or you have achieved an order of
        > magnitude performance improvement.
        >
        > Prize: FastWeb Race Performance Award and six months of free Web
        > performance monitoring from Keynote Systems.
        >
        > 2. EAGER TO BECOME THE FASTEST - You have tried (almost)
        > everything to make your site faster, and you just don't get the
        > performance improvements you were expecting.
        >
        > Prize: A free performance analysis ($10,000 value) including step-by-
        > step guidance from Web performance and acceleration experts at
        > Google, Keynote, F5 and RockStarApps.
        >
        > Submit your entry today to http://www.fastwebrace.com

      • Rob Larsen
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
          I second that idea. That would be a blast. Give us a zip file with a working (but unoptimized) site and let us at it.

          Fastest implementation wins.

          Rob

          <corinna.krueger@ yahoo.com> wrote:

          > The FastWeb Race is a hands-on contest for anyone, who builds,
          > tests, optimizes or manages Web sites and apps. Submit your site to
          > the FastWeb Race by July 15, 2009 and show us how your site stacks
          > up in areas that matter most to end-users.
          >
          > http://www.fastwebr ace.com
          >
          > Here's how it works:
          >
          > Enter your Web site or Web application in either of the following
          > two categories:
          > 1. FASTEST IN THE WORLD - You think your site is faster than
          > light speed (or close to it) and/or you have achieved an order of
          > magnitude performance improvement.
          >
          > Prize: FastWeb Race Performance Award and six months of free Web
          > performance monitoring from Keynote Systems.
          >
          > 2. EAGER TO BECOME THE FASTEST - You have tried (almost)
          > everything to make your site faster, and you just don't get the
          > performance improvements you were expecting.
          >
          > Prize: A free performance analysis ($10,000 value) including step-by-
          > step guidance from Web performance and acceleration experts at
          > Google, Keynote, F5 and RockStarApps.
          >
          > Submit your entry today to http://www.fastwebr ace.com.

          Rob Larsen
          --