Accounting Student Support Needed

  • ewu_bap
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2009
      Hi everyone,

      I have been asked by Professor Megaard and Professor McGonigle to find students who will be in Cheney or Spokane (or nearby) during the Winter break. There will be something going on during the break that has to do with the accounting program and finding a couple of new professors and we need accounting students to get involved.

      I have been told that we are currently in the process of finding new professors for the accounting program since quite a few of our professors have retired or left. Our current accounting professors are looking for students to come listen to the new accounting professor candidates and give feedback on who they liked and so on. This is a great opportunity to be a part of finding a professor that you like and feel you can learn the best from.

      It is very important that we get student participation so that the accounting program can flourish. Without student support, we may not get the kind of funding we need from the budget and we also may have a professor that isn't necessarily the best fit for EWU. In order for the accounting program to continue being a successful program, we need students to show that they care and we need to get great professors. You have a chance to be a part of picking some really great professors that will most likely be your professors in the future.

      I need to get a list of students who would be interested in participating so I can get the list to Professor McGonigle and he can show the Dean that we are getting student support. I don't know the exact date and time yet, but as soon as I know I will send another email out. Send me an email at ewu_bap@... if you are at all interested in being a part of this.

      Thanks,

      Jenni Winter
      BAP President
    • ewu_bap
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2010
        Hello everyone,

        Before the break, I sent out an email trying to get students to come listen to new accounting professor candidates. Professor McGonigle has given me a few of the details about who is coming and when they are coming. Here is the information he sent me:

        "We will be interviewing as many as 5 candidates for two positions in January and possibly February. The most likely reason for the delay is related to the most recent budget cuts in Washington State.

        The first interviewee is Dr. Arsen Djatej who has applied for tenured associate professor. He will interview the Thursday and Friday of the first week of class.

        Arsen's teaching presentation will be at 10:30 on this Thursday in ACCT 352-01, located in KGS 328. Students from Beta are welcome to attend, but may have to stand during the presentation. Written recommendations would be greatly appreciated by Friday, even if based on prior experience in Arsen's classes.

        The next interview will be Mr. Davidson in ACCT 352-01 a week from Tuesday at 10:30. Students will be needed for his presentation. A Dr. Fessler will present in Mr. Gambil's 357-01 later in January.

        Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your support; it may help save the accounting program."

        Please let me know if you are interested in attending or if you have any questions. This is not an official BAP event, it is just very important to the continued success of the accounting program. Your support is greatly appreciated!

        Thank you,

        Jenni Winter
        BAP President