Accounting-related Volunteer Opportunity

  • Beta Alpha
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2010
      Hello everyone,

      Below is a message from someone looking for students to help volunteer with the accounting of donations for Relay for Life.  This is a great way to get some hands on experience related to accounting and also a way to give back to the community.  Please let me know if you are interested in helping out so I can pass on your information to the appropriate contact.  This opportunity would look great on a resume!

      Thanks,

      Jenni Winter
      BAP President

      Hello,

      I am the Chairperson for the West Plains Relay For Life (RFL), held at EWU's Woodward Field on May 14th & 15th.  As you may know, RFL is American Cancer Society's signature event. I spoke with Debby Jennings and she said you might be able to help me. We are looking for volunteers to help with the Accounting of donations. This would be a great opportunity for students who are in need of volunteer hours or would like to get some hands on experience. The Accounting role would consist of counting money and entering it into Excel. There are approximately 7 hours or so available over three days. Ideally, it would be the same group of people (we need at least 3, maybe 4 people) who count the money all three days or at least one person who is there all three days that can help new volunteers. The schedule for the potential volunteers is below. Please let me know if you have anyone interested in contributing to the fight against cancer. We sure appreciate your time and consideration.

      Monday, May 10th – 5:30pm to 8:30pm at the Airport Ramada

      Friday, May 14th – 7:00pm to 9:00pm at EWU's Woodward Stadium

      Saturday, May 15th – 7:00 am to 8:30am at EWU's Woodward Stadium

      Thanks!

      CallyAnn McKinney

      Chairperson, West Plains RFL

      208.610.6268