news from Alysea

  • soraya halfaoui
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hi Teresa !

      Thanks for your message! actually i've never disappeared but i was " lurking" it is the right word i think, isn't it? everything is ok with my work, i realised a series of surveys about the actual use of synchronous CMC tools within my university to have at least a clearer vision about the feasability of the work in our algerian context, and to avoid interpreting my intuitions as common knowledge without any foundation.
      as i went through the series of interviews( semi structured ) and the questionnaires , it has been clearly seen that YES there is a great number of our language students used SCMC ( +90%)and even those who use it less than a year long perceived a positive development in their communicative abilities.
      with this first insight i , at last, got some confidence about the feasibility of the work and second about the numerous potentialities of the different areas that may be investigated,..even in the algerian context...but the best is that the teachers are more and more enthusistic about the idea and are not as sckeptical as some months ago

      Hope that it will keep going well the next steps, for me and for all those who are carrying a research !!!
      It is with a great pleasure that i return to my other family, thank you for welcoming me again!!!
      Hope to be more active from now on!

      sincerly,
      soraya (alysea)

      Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...> a écrit :
      Hi, Alysea/Soraya!

      Welcome back! Glad you surfaced once again. :-)

      How are things with you? And how's your work coming along?

      Hugs,

      Teresa

    • soraya halfaoui

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2005
          Hi, Alysea!

          Great conclusions! It's certainly a big boost for your work.

          Isn't it great that "teachers are more and more enthusistic about the idea"?
          I wish we could all say that in our countries!

          Do let us know if you need any help from this 'second' family. :-)

          Hugs,

          Teresa
        • susannenyrop
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2005
            Hello Alysea,

            and welcome back with your optimistic report about positive attitudes
            towards CMC. Although I don't have any precise evidence to support my
            impression, I've found that also in Denmark, there seem to be less
            resistance among educators than I've experienced a year or two back,
            which will hopefully make room for changes.

            yours,

            Sus