Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: [natvoice] Session Today (June 30) - Value of Sync - Archive Available

  • Dafne
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
      I tried to connect to the event from the university, between my 2 classes, and by the time I registered, and downloaded all the required applications, the session was over :-(

      Will check up the recording!

      Daf

      Vance Stevens <vstevens@...> wrote:
      I couldn't sleep and was priviledged to attend the usual sterling
      performance by the master 'voice'. Michael worked from a series of
      polls to find first that not everyone had experienced synchronous
      online education (which I pointed out was a trick question because
      all in the audience were engaging in synchronous online education at
      that moment). He then got the people in the audience to question
      whether synchronous acitivities were a necessary part of online
      education. When some seemed uncertain about that I took the mic and
      explained how the use of voice contributed to the establishment of
      personality of the participants, which could be followed by picture
      images / avatars, which in turn would lead to sense of community
      among participants in a course. Micheal was taking that and running
      with it when my mom got a phone call and I was bumped offline, and
      trying to get AOL to reconnect me my computer froze, so I gave up
      and went for a jog.

      Sorry to have left so suddenly. It was a great session. Be sure
      and check out the recording.

      Missing my DSL,

      Vance

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Michael Coghlan
      <michaelc@c...> wrote:
      > Archive at
      > http://lecture.horizonwimba.com/launcher.cgi?
      channel=coghlan_2005_0630_0936_33

      > Cheers,
      >
      > - Michael.
      >
      > At 09:36 PM 6/30/2005, you wrote:
      > >Hi everyone.
      > >
      > >If you have nothing to do, can't sleep, or would otherwise like
      > >join me, :-) I am doing a presentation at GMT 13.30; AEST 11.30
      pm
      > >(about 90 minutes from now) as part of the Horizon Wimba Desk Top
      > >Lecture series.
      > >
      > >Topic: The Value of Synchronous Education in eLearning
      Environments

      Distance learning computer Distance learning Computer science distance learning Computer training distance learning School education Distance learning graduate school