Re: [natvoice] Session Today (June 30) - Value of Sync - Archive Available

  • Michael Coghlan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2005
      Archive at
      http://lecture.horizonwimba.com/launcher.cgi?channel=coghlan_2005_0630_0936_33

      Cheers,

      - Michael.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2005
        I couldn't sleep and was priviledged to attend the usual sterling
        performance by the master 'voice'. Michael worked from a series of
        polls to find first that not everyone had experienced synchronous
        online education (which I pointed out was a trick question because
        all in the audience were engaging in synchronous online education at
        that moment). He then got the people in the audience to question
        whether synchronous acitivities were a necessary part of online
        education. When some seemed uncertain about that I took the mic and
        explained how the use of voice contributed to the establishment of
        personality of the participants, which could be followed by picture
        images / avatars, which in turn would lead to sense of community
        among participants in a course. Micheal was taking that and running
        with it when my mom got a phone call and I was bumped offline, and
        trying to get AOL to reconnect me my computer froze, so I gave up
        and went for a jog.

        Sorry to have left so suddenly. It was a great session. Be sure
        and check out the recording.

        Missing my DSL,

        Vance

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Michael Coghlan
        <michaelc@c...> wrote:
        > Archive at
        > http://lecture.horizonwimba.com/launcher.cgi?
        channel=coghlan_2005_0630_0936_33

        > Cheers,
        >
        > - Michael.
        >
        > At 09:36 PM 6/30/2005, you wrote:
        > >Hi everyone.
        > >
        > >If you have nothing to do, can't sleep, or would otherwise like
        > >join me, :-) I am doing a presentation at GMT 13.30; AEST 11.30
        pm
        > >(about 90 minutes from now) as part of the Horizon Wimba Desk Top
        > >Lecture series.
        > >
        > >Topic: The Value of Synchronous Education in eLearning
        Environments

      • Dafne
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
          I tried to connect to the event from the university, between my 2 classes, and by the time I registered, and downloaded all the required applications, the session was over :-(

          Will check up the recording!

          Daf

          <michaelc@c...> wrote:
          > Archive at
          > http://lecture.horizonwimba.com/launcher.cgi?
          channel=coghlan_2005_0630_0936_33

          > Cheers,
          >
          > - Michael.
          >
          > At 09:36 PM 6/30/2005, you wrote:
          > >Hi everyone.
          > >
          > >If you have nothing to do, can't sleep, or would otherwise like
          > >join me, :-) I am doing a presentation at GMT 13.30; AEST 11.30
          pm
          > >(about 90 minutes from now) as part of the Horizon Wimba Desk Top
          > >Lecture series.
          > >
          > >Topic: The Value of Synchronous Education in eLearning
          Environments

          Distance learning computer Distance learning Computer science distance learning Computer training distance learning School education Distance learning graduate school