Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Webhead Web Links

  • Ammann Rudolf
    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 2, 2005
      Lee Baber wrote:

      > I have registered. Now I will get started on setting it up (and
      > figuring out exactly how to do it)!

      Looking good so far:

      http://del.icio.us/webheads

      If you poke around a bit among the settings, you should find a way to
      link to the Webheads homepage from the del.icio.us/webheads header.

      :: Rudolf
      :: http://dekita.org
    • Fernanda Rodrigues
      Message 2 of 29 , Jun 3, 2005
        I like this del.icio.us/webheads. It is mucher better than a static html
        page. Does this allow the creation of categories or topics?

        One of the things I have in my to-do list is a blog with all (I'm so
        modest) the urls interesting for EFL teachers and learners. For the
        moment I have little more than just the layout. <http://blogs.prof2000.pt/efl_teachers_essg/>

        But del.icio.us/webheads seems quite interesting if you can have more
        people collaborating and if categories are possible.

        One thing I didn't understand. Who created del.icio.us/webheads?
        How is it accessible to Lee after the registration? I have registered
        and have access to my own area only, as obvious

        Fernanda

        On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:07:06 -0400
        Lee Baber <lbaber@...> wrote:

        > > Thanks Rudolf, I just checked on the site. The del.icio.us/webheads
        > > does not come up on a search but I found del.icio.us and will get a
        > > login started and use that suggestion. Thanks for the tip. After I get
        > > started, feel free to add any suggestions since I had not used that
        > > site before! If anyone knows if the is still
        > > available, please let me know.
        > Lee

        Fernanda Rodrigues
        Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
        Setúbal
        http://essg.prof2000.pt/escola/default.asp
      • Christine Lombaerts
        Message 3 of 29 , Jun 3, 2005
          Hi Lee and all the webheads,
          I am working on the same Webhead discussion, but because of a bad cold, I have not finished the survey. I'll send my part in a few days.
          Regards
          Christine

          Lee Baber <lbaber@...> wrote:
          After last Sunday's Webhead discussion at Tapped In, I suggested to
          Vance that I would make a site of the links everyone posts on Sundays
          and on the list. I am going to attempt to do this. I borrowed a quote
          from one of the list members for the site. It seems quite appropriate
          for this group! I am not done setting up the site but wanted some
          feedback before I get too far along. I am looking for ideas for the
          most user friendly setup so everyone can find links easily. Take a
          look. Does this seem like it would be helpful to everybody?
          Lee Ann
          http://crosscreekbluegrass.com/webheadlinks.htm
          P.S. I may not get all the links but I will get as many as I can. If
          you have any you want to add, just email them to me!

        • cristina costa
          Message 4 of 29 , Jun 3, 2005
            Hi Fernanda,
            nice blog!
            I have just included it to my students' blog!

            Big kiss
            cris

            My blog: http://por-aguas-virtuais.blogspot.com
            My students' blog: http://thenglishquill.blogspot.com
            msn: navysternchen@...

          • Rudolf Ammann
            Message 5 of 29 , Jun 3, 2005
              Fernanda Rodrigues wrote:

              > I like this del.icio.us/webheads. It is mucher better than a static html
              > page. Does this allow the creation of categories or topics?

              When you post a link to your del.icio.us account, you either go through
              the regular Web interface or you use the bookmarklet they provide. The
              latter will sit in your browser's toolbar and allows you to post a link
              through a little popup-window, which is more convenient.

              In either case, you will assign one or several "categories" to the link
              and you can annotate it with a comment if or description if you wish.
              These "categories" are called "tags" -- if you're familiar with Flickr
              tags, you already understand how they work.

              The tags will display in your sidebar, and you can look at the contents
              of each tag separately -- or subscribe to the RSS feeds available for
              everyone's tags.

              > But del.icio.us/webheads seems quite interesting if you can have more
              > people collaborating

              Lee has the login to this account and could, in theory, make it
              available to everyone on this list. I don't think this would be a good
              idea, though, since it would make the account vulnerable: an anonymous
              user with a grudge or an axe to grind might log in and wipe the whole
              thing out of existence.

              You can start your own del.icio.us account, though, and you will find
              that there is plenty of "collaboration" _between_ accounts. It's called
              a "social bookmark manager" for a reason.

              Some people also claim that it's only slightly less addictive than crack.

              > One thing I didn't understand. Who created del.icio.us/webheads?

              Lee did.

              > How is it accessible to Lee after the registration?

              Lee entered an e-mail address and a password during registration.

              > I have registered and have access to my own area only

              As has Lee.

              :: Rudolf
              :: http://dekita.org
            • Chrissan
              Message 6 of 29 , Jun 4, 2005
                Hi Fernanda, thanks for sharing your link blog with us! I have
                subscribed to it already.
                Hugs,
                /Chrissan

                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Fernanda Rodrigues
                <fernanda.rodrigues@n...> wrote:
                > I like this del.icio.us/webheads. It is mucher better than a static html
                > page. Does this allow the creation of categories or topics?
                >
                > One of the things I have in my to-do list is a blog with all (I'm so
                > modest) the urls interesting for EFL teachers and learners. For the
                > moment I have little more than just the layout.
                <http://blogs.prof2000.pt/efl_teachers_essg/>

                > But del.icio.us/webheads seems quite interesting if you can have more
                > people collaborating and if categories are possible.
                >
                > One thing I didn't understand. Who created del.icio.us/webheads?
                > How is it accessible to Lee after the registration? I have registered
                > and have access to my own area only, as obvious
                >

                > Fernanda
                >
                > On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:07:06 -0400
                > Lee Baber <lbaber@m...> wrote:
                >
                > > > Thanks Rudolf, I just checked on the site. The del.icio.us/webheads
                > > > does not come up on a search but I found del.icio.us and will get a
                > > > login started and use that suggestion. Thanks for the tip. After
                I get
                > > > started, feel free to add any suggestions since I had not used that
                > > > site before! If anyone knows if the is still
                > > > available, please let me know.
                > > Lee
                >

                > Fernanda Rodrigues
                > Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
                > Setúbal
                > http://essg.prof2000.pt/escola/default.asp
              • Lee Baber
                Message 7 of 29 , Jun 4, 2005
                  Hello Christine and the webheads, I know I too will have to do the
                  links as I have time. Thanks for suggesting volunteering. I would not
                  have thought of it if you had not said something about it. I hope to
                  make the Webhead links site useful to the group. HOpe you feel better
                  soon!
                  Lee

                  On Jun 3, 2005, at 2:01 PM, Christine Lombaerts wrote:

                  > Hi Lee and all the webheads,
                  > I am working on the same Webhead discussion, but because of a bad
                  > cold, I have not finished the survey. I'll send my part in a few days.
                  > Regards
                  > Christine
                  >
                  > Lee Baber <lbaber@...> wrote:
                  > After last Sunday's Webhead discussion at Tapped In, I suggested to
                  > Vance that I would make a site of the links everyone posts on Sundays
                  > and on the list. I am going to attempt to do this. I borrowed a quote
                  > from one of the list members for the site. It seems quite appropriate
                  > for this group! I am not done setting up the site but wanted some
                  > feedback before I get too far along. I am looking for ideas for the
                  > most user friendly setup so everyone can find links easily. Take a
                  > look. Does this seem like it would be helpful to everybody?
                  > Lee Ann
                  > http://crosscreekbluegrass.com/webheadlinks.htm
                  > P.S. I may not get all the links but I will get as many as I can. If
                  > you have any you want to add, just email them to me!
                  >

                  > For more information:

                  > extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please
                  > delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply -
                  > Thanks!!

                  > For more information:

                  > extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please
                  > delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply -
                  > Thanks!!
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Lee Baber
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jun 4, 2005
                    Fernanda,
                    I added your site to the Webhead links site. Your site is really nicely
                    done. Great job so far! It looks really good.

                    I will add any links folks want on the one I am working on if it is
                    either on the list or emailed to me.

                    Lee
                    On Jun 3, 2005, at 12:25 PM, Fernanda Rodrigues wrote:

                    > I like this del.icio.us/webheads. It is mucher better than a static
                    > html
                    > page. Does this allow the creation of categories or topics?
                    >
                    > One of the things I have in my to-do list is a blog with all (I'm so
                    > modest) the urls interesting for EFL teachers and learners. For the
                    > moment I have little more than just the layout.
                    > <http://blogs.prof2000.pt/efl_teachers_essg/>
                    >
                    > But del.icio.us/webheads seems quite interesting if you can have more
                    > people collaborating and if categories are possible.
                    >
                    > One thing I didn't understand. Who created del.icio.us/webheads?
                    > How is it accessible to Lee after the registration? I have registered
                    > and have access to my own area only, as obvious
                    >

                    > Fernanda
                    >
                    > On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:07:06 -0400
                    > Lee Baber <lbaber@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >>> Thanks Rudolf, I just checked on the site. The del.icio.us/webheads
                    >>> does not come up on a search but I found del.icio.us and will get a
                    >>> login started and use that suggestion. Thanks for the tip. After I
                    >>> get
                    >>> started, feel free to add any suggestions since I had not used that
                    >>> site before! If anyone knows if the is still
                    >>> available, please let me know.
                    >> Lee
                    >

                    > Fernanda Rodrigues
                    > Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
                    > Setúbal
                    > http://essg.prof2000.pt/escola/default.asp
                    >

                    > For more information:

                    > extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please
                    > delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply -
                    > Thanks!!
                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Lee Baber
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jun 4, 2005
                      Here are two sites that you may find useful for reading assessment. You
                      have students read the story then answer the multiple choice questions.

                      http://www.iq.poquoson.org/2003vasol/8rdg03v5.html
                      The student gets immediate feedback after answering each question.

                      http://www.tea.state.tx.us/student.assessment/resources/online/2003/
                      grade7/read.htm
                      After reading stories and answering all questions, you submit and the
                      assessment comes right up on the screen.

                      Lee
                    • Lee Baber
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jun 4, 2005
                        Oops.. the second site is

                        Message 11 of 29 , Jun 4, 2005
                          Hi, Lee!

                          The first time you sent the URL it was correct. The only problem is that
                          it's long and separates.

                          You can try TinyURL at http://tinyurl.com/ to make long URLs short. However,
                          since some people on this list have problems with these URLs, it's always
                          best to send both, the long and the short.

                          Hope this helps!

                          Teresa

                          Message 12 of 29 , Jun 4, 2005
                            Hello Teresa, Yes it helps a bunch. I love that TinyURL site! Thanks
                            for the tip!
                            Lee