two interesting articles

  • Dafne
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
      Hi everybody,

      I came across this messae in another list and thought the articles mentioned might be of interest, especially the second one :-)

      hugs,

      Daf\

      Subject: New eLearn Magazine Case Study: Putting Learning Systems to
      Work

      eLearn Magazine, http://www.elearnmag.org/, published by ACM, has a new
      =
      case
      study, "Putting Learning Systems to Work" by Teresa Edgington, =
      Department of
      Information Systems, Arizona State University. In industry today, =
      knowledge
      workers often need to learn during a project rather than before it =
      starts,
      particularly when the project is innovative in nature. This article =
      provides
      practical tips and lessons learned on how learning technology can =
      address
      this challenge while facilitating business process management,
      knowledge
      management, and collaboration. The article may be accessed at
      http://elearnmag.org/subpage/sub_page.cfm?section=3D3&list_item=3D31&page==3D1.=20

      Also new today in eLearn Magazine is my column, "Everything in =
      Moderation:
      The key to using text chat is a knowledgeable moderator", available at
      http://www.elearnmag.org/. The column argues that text chat in of
      itself
      does not enhance the online classroom but, when moderated by someone =
      with
      subject matter expertise, it can enhance learning.

      Best wishes,
      Lisa

      Lisa Neal, Ph.D.
      Editor-in-Chief, eLearn Magazine, www.eLearnMag.org