Comments on students' work!!!!!

  • Chrissan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
      Dearest Gladys, Aiden and Elizabeth, I do feel rather embarressed! I
      hadn't the faintest idea that there were so many useful features
      within the ordinary Word. Thank you sooo much for pointing them out to
      me and not even hinting that it's sort of basic knowledge..... well, I
      know, of course, that there is nothing like 'basic' knowledge but it's
      good to "learn how to crawl before you try walking" as the Swedish
      proverb goes"!

      I love you and this wonderful community!

      Take care,
      /Chrissan
    • Aiden Yeh

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
          Dear Chrissan,

          I have used "Markin" to correct paragraphs:

          http://www.cict.co.uk/software/markin/index.htm

          What is markin?

          "
          Markin is a Windows program which runs on the teacher's computer. It can import a student's text for marking by pasting from the clipboard, or directly from an RTF or text file.

          Once the text has been imported, Markin provides all the tools a teacher needs to mark and annotate the text.

          When marking is complete, the teacher can export the marked text as an RTF file for loading into a word-processor, or as a web page so that students can view the marked text in a web browser. Marked work can even be emailed directly back to the student, all from within the Markin program."

          http://www.cict.co.uk/software/markin/download.htm

          It is a free download, and it works fine with short texts. What I have done is to divide longer texts in pieces in order to correct the whole work.

          hugs,

          Daf

          Chrissan <christina_ljunggren@...> wrote:
          Dearest Gladys, Aiden and Elizabeth, I do feel rather embarressed! I
          hadn't the faintest idea that there were so many useful features
          within the ordinary Word. Thank you sooo much for pointing them out to
          me and not even hinting that it's sort of basic knowledge..... well, I
          know, of course, that there is nothing like 'basic' knowledge but it's
          good to "learn how to crawl before you try walking" as the Swedish
          proverb goes"!

          I love you and this wonderful community!

          Take care,
          /Chrissan

        • Gladys Baya
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 13, 2005
            Actually, Chrissan, I felt flattered by your interest in this issue. To
            tell you the truth, I haven't found any one who shares my "intensive
            use of Word features" for feedback yet!

            Perhaps you'd be interested in having a look at a paper I wrote on this
            some years ago. It's available at:

            20writing/

            I'm not sure whether you need to be a member of baw2005 to have access,
            but anyway that's no problem for you, right?

            Gladys

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Chrissan"