"Connecting Online"

  • Robert Brannan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2005
      On May 18, Ken Enders, president of the Cumberland Community College
      in Cumberland, New Jersey gave a speech to an audience of
      tech-ambitious folks attending the 4th Annual Intel Corp.'s
      "Education
      Visionary Conference", in Washington DC. Mr. Enders warned that
      the
      world of K-12 education is "totally disconnected {and} unable to
      meet
      the expectations of the 21st century work force and the basic 21st
      century literacy skills necessary for colleges". What do you
      think?
      Is there a problem with our general ability to connect to the world
      as it streams past us? Are you connecting with your students, your
      peers, even yourself?
      Come join me, "Elderbob" Brannan (Infopreneur), and other
      like-minded individuals to explore the idea of "Connecting
      Online" at
      the "Open Weekends@Knowplace" collaborative learning
      experience from
      June, 3 through June, 5. Starting at 12:00 Noon (PDT), on Friday,
      June 5, I will be hosting a discussion about all sorts of connections
      and how they are being influenced by technology and how, in turn,
      technology is influencing our connections.
      Sign up at:
      http://knowplace.ca/moodle_1.4.3/mod/resource/view.php?id=2856
      and get ready for a weekend of heavy duty discussion and more than
      ample FUN!!!
      Everyone is invited, and it's Free, Free, Free!

      See ya' down the trail...

      elderbob