Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Report on Today's Session - Michael

    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2005
      Hi, Michael!

      Kudos to you! It was a great presentation, very lively and with those provocative rhetorical questions that I really enjoyed! :-)

      I liked Chris' and Buth's contributions, because they touched on several important points that we could start jotting down about 'our' sustainability.

      I had a wonderful time and, as always, your presentations are very clear and informative.

      One last comment: Your voice seemed a bit tense at the beginning. Were you? Were you pressed for time?

      I told my 'sleepy' students that I got up at 6 a.m. today and explained what for, and they were very impressed. One of these days we have to try a very simple voice chat with them, ok? Imagine their excitement talking to a teacher friend of mine in Australia! :-)

      Hugs,

      Teresa

    • CJones
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2005
        Hi, Michael, and all,

        Michael's presentation went very well. He got everyone to test their
        microphones before he started, and he had informative, colorful slides
        that showed the development of Webheads. Buth, Teresa, and I explained
        several reasons why we think the Webheads still thrive after all this
        time. As mentioned before, Vance kept appearing and disappearing and
        thus didn't get to say anything till the very end.

        Michael mentioned at one point that he had 20 people in the audience. I
        was wondering what kind of comments they might have made afterwards as
        I recall they were not EFL teachers.

        To Teresa, I definitely recommend doing a voice chat with Michael with
        your students. Mine were so impressed with the voice chats we had last
        week. They are working on getting their comments about the chat into
        blogs, and then I'll post them to the group.

        Chris Jones

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Teresa Almeida d'Eca"
        <tmvaz@m...> wrote:

        > I told my 'sleepy' students that I got up at 6 a.m. today and
        explained what for, and they were very impressed. One of these days we
        have to try a very simple voice chat with them, ok? Imagine their
        excitement talking to a teacher friend of mine in Australia! :-)
      • Michael Coghlan
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2005
          Thanks for these words Tere.

          At 02:02 AM 5/4/2005, you wrote:
          >Hi, Michael!
          >
          >Kudos to you! It was a great presentation, very lively and with those
          >provocative rhetorical questions that I really enjoyed! :-)
          >
          >I liked Chris' and Buth's contributions, because they touched on several
          >important points that we could start jotting down about 'our' sustainability.
          >
          >I had a wonderful time and, as always, your presentations are very clear
          >and informative.
          >
          >One last comment: Your voice seemed a bit tense at the beginning. Were
          >you? Were you pressed for time?

          We did start late, and I think I always get a bit wound up for these
          sessions and talk faster, and may sound a bit tense. I noticed it too on
          the playback.

          >I told my 'sleepy' students that I got up at 6 a.m. today and explained
          >what for, and they were very impressed. One of these days we have to try a
          >very simple voice chat with them, ok? Imagine their excitement talking to
          >a teacher friend of mine in Australia! :-)

          Absolutely. It would be a challenge to talk to primary school children :)
          And thank you once again for dragging yourself out of bed. I'm glad you
          enjoyed it.

          - Michael.