Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Report on Today's Session

Expand Messages
  • Michael Coghlan
    ... I actually met Georgina the day before my session - that was a complete and very pleasant surprise - but I knew she would be in my session. I ll post a pic
    Message 1 of 12 , May 3, 2005
    • 0 Attachment
      At 11:03 PM 5/3/2005, you wrote:
      >Hello Michael, and Georgina!
      >
      > It was interesting to read about Georgina being in the local audience;
      >was that a surprise to you Michael?

      I actually met Georgina the day before my session - that was a complete and
      very pleasant surprise - but I knew she would be in my session. I'll post a
      pic or two of our meeting sometime in the coming days.

      - Michael.
    • Aiden Yeh
      We ll be counting on it! Aiden Michael Coghlan wrote: I ll post a pic or two of our meeting sometime in the coming days.
      Message 2 of 12 , May 3, 2005
      • 0 Attachment
        We'll be counting on it!

        Aiden

        Michael Coghlan <michaelc@...> wrote:
        I'll post a
        pic or two of our meeting sometime in the coming days.

        __________________________________________________
        Do You Yahoo!?
        Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
        http://mail.yahoo.com

        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • YD Chen
        Hi,Michael, Vance and I tried in vain to access to the recording of today s session.THe link you gave led us to a page without the green ENTER.:-) Gnite,
        Message 3 of 12 , May 3, 2005
        • 0 Attachment
          Hi,Michael,
          Vance and I tried in vain to access to the recording of today's session.THe link you gave led us to a page without the green ENTER.:-)
          Gnite,
          yaodong

          Michael Coghlan <michaelc@...> wrote:
          At 11:03 PM 5/3/2005, you wrote:
          >Hello Michael, and Georgina!
          >
          > It was interesting to read about Georgina being in the local audience;
          >was that a surprise to you Michael?

          I actually met Georgina the day before my session - that was a complete and
          very pleasant surprise - but I knew she would be in my session. I'll post a
          pic or two of our meeting sometime in the coming days.

          - Michael.




          For more information:
          http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm

          When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!



          ---------------------------------
          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evonline2002_webheads/

          To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          evonline2002_webheads-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.


          __________________________________________________
          Do You Yahoo!?
          Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
          http://mail.yahoo.com

          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • Michael Coghlan
          ... Yaodong - this may be a temporary problem. The link to the session at http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=807538 is working fine for me. -
          Message 4 of 12 , May 3, 2005
          • 0 Attachment
            At 12:16 AM 5/4/2005, you wrote:
            >Hi,Michael,
            >Vance and I tried in vain to access to the recording of today's
            >session.THe link you gave led us to a page without the green ENTER.:-)

            Yaodong - this may be a temporary problem. The link to the session at
            http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=807538 is working fine for me.

            - Michael
          • aleweser
            Hi Michael, I have had the same problem as Yaodong. The link leads to a Preferences page in Learning Times. Alejandra ... fine for me.
            Message 5 of 12 , May 3, 2005
            • 0 Attachment
              Hi Michael,
              I have had the same problem as Yaodong. The link leads to a
              "Preferences" page in Learning Times.

              Alejandra

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Michael Coghlan
              <michaelc@c...> wrote:
              > At 12:16 AM 5/4/2005, you wrote:
              > >Hi,Michael,
              > >Vance and I tried in vain to access to the recording of today's
              > >session.THe link you gave led us to a page without the green ENTER.:-)
              >
              > Yaodong - this may be a temporary problem. The link to the session at
              > http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=807538 is working
              fine for me.
              >
              > - Michael
            • Chrissan
              Hi Michael, Yao is right, I can t reach the link either. No enter! Hugs, /Chrissan ... fine for me.
              Message 6 of 12 , May 3, 2005
              • 0 Attachment
                Hi Michael, Yao is right, I can't reach the link either. No enter!
                Hugs,
                /Chrissan




                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Michael Coghlan
                <michaelc@c...> wrote:
                > At 12:16 AM 5/4/2005, you wrote:
                > >Hi,Michael,
                > >Vance and I tried in vain to access to the recording of today's
                > >session.THe link you gave led us to a page without the green ENTER.:-)
                >
                > Yaodong - this may be a temporary problem. The link to the session at
                > http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=807538 is working
                fine for me.
                >
                > - Michael
              • raedithr@aol.com
                I would love to listen to the session. I reached learning times though the link and then looked under archives, but didn t find it. Any suggestions? Rae In a
                Message 7 of 12 , May 3, 2005
                • 0 Attachment
                  I would love to listen to the session. I reached learning times though the
                  link and then looked under archives, but didn't find it. Any suggestions?
                  Rae

                  In a message dated 5/3/05 5:57:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  christina_ljunggren@... writes:

                  http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=807538





                  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                • Vance Stevens
                  I ve tried it on two computers and it works on both. I tried to help Yaodong troubleshoot his last night and he goes to a difference screen after logon (I go
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 4, 2005
                  • 0 Attachment
                    I've tried it on two computers and it works on both. I tried to help
                    Yaodong troubleshoot his last night and he goes to a difference screen after
                    logon (I go to the session entry with the green bar, he goes elsewhere). We
                    tried searching the archives. I thought I had found it (sustaining online
                    community) but when I went back to what I thought was the same place I could
                    not replicate my find. We searched everywhere. It is odd that some are
                    directed differently after logon.

                    Incidentally I have been asked twice as a result of this session what I
                    thought would happen if I were no longer involved with Webheads, would the
                    community then sustain itself? Consenus is that it would. I have been
                    involved in many labors in many attempts to jump-start communities in my
                    career. One for example was the MS-DOS Newsletter which, when I stopped
                    doing it, died a peaceful rest. Another was the CALL-IS Interest section
                    which I was involved with forming but was an idea whose time had come and is
                    now a venerable institution in TESOL.

                    I have often repeated that the ONLY things worth doing are those that will
                    carry on when you're gone. I think Webheads reached that point a year or
                    two ago. One test of the value of an effort is to withdraw from it and see
                    what happens. Worthwhile undertakings SHOULD be carried forward when its
                    founding members go on to more ambitious projects.

                    I have no intention of doing that though. I am happy to let others take
                    initiative and I think we all appreciate the dynamic eclecticism and absence
                    of personal agenda that characterizes Webheads.

                    Thanks Michael for bringing it all together (once again ;-) in a sterling
                    presentation (and thanks Buth for cueing me for my grand exit right at the
                    end :-))

                    Vance



                    ----- Original Message -----
                    From: "Chrissan" <christina_ljunggren@...>
                    To: <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com>
                    Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 2:21 PM
                    Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Report on Today's Session


                    > Hi Michael, Yao is right, I can't reach the link either. No enter!
                    > Hugs,
                    > /Chrissan
                    >>
                    >> Yaodong - this may be a temporary problem. The link to the session at
                    >> http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=807538 is working
                    > fine for me.
                    >>
                    >> - Michael
                    >
                  • John Hibbs
                    ... Phew! For a moment I thought Vance would say he was going to go into the lurking business. Webheads might well survive without him. But it would not
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 4, 2005
                    • 0 Attachment
                      At 6:58 AM -0700 5/4/05, Vance Stevens wrote:
                      >One test of the value of an effort is to withdraw from it and see
                      >what happens.
                      >(snip snip)
                      >I have no intention of doing that though.

                      Phew!

                      For a moment I thought Vance would say he was going to go into the
                      lurking business. Webheads might well survive without him. But it
                      would not prosper in the accelerated fashion that will happen if he
                      stays, not just steering the wagon, or even riding the horses that
                      pull it. Vance is one of those guys who also puts his own shoulder to
                      the wheel....and about all of this, there is not one single Webhead
                      who will disagree!

                      Thanks, Vance, for alleviating my worry that you might choose to ride
                      off into the sunset. In my not humble opinion, you should have a gig
                      in front of very big audiences several times a month...like in front
                      of MTV, C-SPAN, BBC, Canadian, Australian and Dutch radio -- as well
                      as in front of every single notable ESL event (... where their
                      leaders are wise enough to pay you to do your virtual dance!!!!)

                      Note this, also in my not humble opinion:
                      Even if you fell the biggest tree in the forest, it does little good
                      if there are not many around to see how brilliant was the cutting.

                      What can WE do to get bigger audiences for Webheads? For Vance Stevens?

                      Nobody, nobody, nobody leads their parade as well as does Vance
                      Stevens. Of course he is also supported by a brilliant, brilliant
                      cast. Go ahead - Webheads - pat yourself on the back. Your
                      performances are exceptional and a harbinger of better things to come.


                      Signed,
                      Your biggest fan,
                      John Hibbs
                    • Chrissan
                      Thank god John, at least you didn t call Vance the horse himself! Grateful for small mercies;-) Hugs, /Chrissan
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 4, 2005
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Thank god John, at least you didn't call Vance the horse himself!
                        Grateful for small mercies;-)
                        Hugs,
                        /Chrissan






                        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, John Hibbs <hibbs@b...>
                        wrote:
                        > At 6:58 AM -0700 5/4/05, Vance Stevens wrote:
                        > >One test of the value of an effort is to withdraw from it and see
                        > >what happens.
                        > >(snip snip)
                        > >I have no intention of doing that though.
                        >
                        > Phew!
                        >
                        > For a moment I thought Vance would say he was going to go into the
                        > lurking business. Webheads might well survive without him. But it
                        > would not prosper in the accelerated fashion that will happen if he
                        > stays, not just steering the wagon, or even riding the horses that
                        > pull it. Vance is one of those guys who also puts his own shoulder to
                        > the wheel....and about all of this, there is not one single Webhead
                        > who will disagree!
                        >
                        > Thanks, Vance, for alleviating my worry that you might choose to ride
                        > off into the sunset. In my not humble opinion, you should have a gig
                        > in front of very big audiences several times a month...like in front
                        > of MTV, C-SPAN, BBC, Canadian, Australian and Dutch radio -- as well
                        > as in front of every single notable ESL event (... where their
                        > leaders are wise enough to pay you to do your virtual dance!!!!)
                        >
                        > Note this, also in my not humble opinion:
                        > Even if you fell the biggest tree in the forest, it does little good
                        > if there are not many around to see how brilliant was the cutting.
                        >
                        > What can WE do to get bigger audiences for Webheads? For Vance Stevens?
                        >
                        > Nobody, nobody, nobody leads their parade as well as does Vance
                        > Stevens. Of course he is also supported by a brilliant, brilliant
                        > cast. Go ahead - Webheads - pat yourself on the back. Your
                        > performances are exceptional and a harbinger of better things to come.
                        >
                        >
                        > Signed,
                        > Your biggest fan,
                        > John Hibbs
                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.