Re: I am a titular professor!!!

  • ilsecmonch
    Message 1 of 24 , May 1 6:51 PM
      Dear Daf,

      As one of your graduate students at USB who participated in Baw2005
      and now being part and learning from Webheads I want to congratulate
      you for this so well deserved accomplishment.You are not only a great
      teacher but also a great motivator.

      Cheers and Muchas Felicidades!!!!!
      Ilse:-)

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Dafne <dygonza@y...>
      wrote:

      > Dear friends,
      >
      > First, apologies for being silent during the last weeks. First, my
      trip to Spain where I stayed away from computers after my
      presentation with Maria at the TESOL-Spain conference. Then, since I
      returned to Caracas, I have been busy planning my English for
      Architecture and Urbaning Planning course, moderating a 6-week online
      course for the Universidad de Valencia in Spain, writing a chapter
      for a book, and trying to learn how to put an Applied Linguistics
      journal online (I have been appointed editor in-chief), and of
      course, I need some time to eat and sleep ;-)

      > Well, this message is not only to apologize. I want to share with
      you that I was promoted to Titular Professor. After reading and
      discussing my work, the "research committee" unanimously decided to
      give me the promotion :-) and they also praised my work very highly.
      (I will share the veredict with you when I receive a copy). I am not
      sharing this, because the work presented in that study could not have
      been possible without all the help and scaffolding I had from
      Webheads back in 2002. Special thanks to Vance for showing me the way
      to online teaching and learning; to Tere and Sus for supporting me in
      every step of my learning process; to Aiden for letting me practice
      with her students before getting involved in my own courses; to Sus
      again for being an external observer in my study; to Arnold for
      pushing me during the long writing process (512 pages) and for his
      invaluable help with the visual presentation for the oral defense in
      Spain as well as the creation of the CD with the
      > appendices; and in general to all those Webheads who have been
      near since 2002 and who have since collaborated in my blended courses.

      > A big hug and many kisses for all of you guys!!!!!
      >
      > Daf

    • müzeyyen aykaç
      Message 2 of 24 , May 1 7:11 PM
        Dear Daf,

        As a person who benefits from your studies as invaluable sources in my thesis writing and now tries to be a part and learns from Webheads, I want to congratulate you for this promotion.

        Happy working hours,

        Best regards,

        Müzeyyen Aykaç

        Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:

[...]

      • Evelyn Izquierdo
        Message 3 of 24 , May 3 10:18 AM
          Dear Dafne!

          Congratulations for your promotion! You are such a great and dedicated teacher. You always work so hard, but you do it with pleasure and love for your students. You always do your best. That's the way all teachers should be.
          I am very happy for you, and would like to take advantage of this message to say "thank you Daf". I learnt a lot from you during the Becoming a Webhead course.

          Enjoy this wonderful moment.

          Sweet regards,

          Evelyn Izquierdo
          Profesora de Inglés
          Escuela de Educación
          Facultad de Humanidades y Educación
          Universidad Central de Venezuela
          Tel: 605.2974 / 2975
          E-mail: izquierdo_evelyn@...

        • Jarek Krajka
          Message 4 of 24 , May 4 11:33 AM
            Daf,
            congratulations on becoming the Titular Professor. We are all highly impressed by the amount of work done by you, as we can see it online. We can only be happy that your willingness to share expertise in the area of CALL is not limited to Venezuelan students, but everyone interested from all over the world.

            Best,

            Jarek Krajka, Ph.D.
            Editor-in-Chief, Teaching English with Technology
            http://www.iatefl.org.pl/call/callnl.htm
            Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Lublin, Poland
            jarek.krajka@...
            GG: 4536383, Skype: jkrajka