Re: A baby is born

  • Ismail
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2005
      Hi Bee,

      Nice work you have out there, congrats for your baby.. I wounder if
      you can tell us more about this name "Decita", any clue??

      I also wanna ask if you plan to collaboratively work on that
      project ,the three of you only, or plan to make it open to all
      colleagues and students??

      Best of luck,
      Ismail.

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Aiden Yeh
      <aidenyeh@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Bee,
      >
      > Nice layout. Graphics and photos used give the site that fresh and
      vibrant look. It looks very promising.

      > Aiden
      >
      > Barbara Dieu <bwjdieu@t...> wrote:
      > I would like to announce the birth of a new hub site
      http://dekita.org and
      > invite you to visit it. Aaron Campbell, Rudolf and I are planning
      to run
      > this place as a collaborative effort so send us your suggestions,
      comments
      > and most important of all, tell us about the projects you have
      been
      > developing with your students .
      >
      > Dekita.org will highlight the Web-publishing work of EFL (English
      as a
      > Foreign Language)/ESL (English as a Second Language) students,
      showcase the
      > classroom Web-publishing projects in EFL /ESL and introduce links
      relevant
      > to personal Web-publishing in language learning contexts.
      Dekita.org will
      > also serve as a means for learners, educators, and other
      interested people
      > to locate student Web-publications and participate in the
      conversation.

      > Join us at Dekita !
      >
      > Warm regards from Brazil,
      > Bee
      >
      > Barbara Dieu
      > http://dekita.org

    • Barbara Dieu
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2005
        Hi Ismail,
        Thanks for the kind words and your interest in the project.
        You can find the origin of the name and a lot of information you ask in the
        About and FAQ pages (I told Rudolf people do not read them...lol)
        http://dekita.org/about
        http://dekita.org/faq
        We have just started...so we are feeling our ground and the software.
        For the time being, we accept suggestions, comments and will review
        projects and articles that are sent to us for publication.
        Later...all will depend on how we manage our time and resources and if have
        people willing to collaborate
        One step at a time :-)
        Warm regards from Brazil,
        Bee