Re: I am a titular professor!!!

  • Ismail
    Message 1 of 24 , May 1, 2005
      Dear Dafne,

      Congratulations for the well-deserved honour for a very special and
      active member in our community. I would like to express my happiness
      for hearing about that and wish you more success and developement in
      the future..

      Regards and wishes,
      Ismail.

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Chrissan"
      <christina_ljunggren@y...> wrote:
      > Dearest professor Daf, what a wonderful and well-deserved honour. I
      > can only begin to fathom what you have achieved during the last
      years.
      > Having known you for less than four months, having had you as a
      tutor
      > and guide through the web (literally)I can think of no one better
      > suited than you, the master scaffolder, for this promotion!
      >
      > iactt (I am close to tears)
      >
      > /Chrissan
      >

      > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Dafne <dygonza@y...>
      wrote:

      > > Dear friends,
      > >
      > > First, apologies for being silent during the last weeks. First,
      my
      > trip to Spain where I stayed away from computers after my
      presentation
      > with Maria at the TESOL-Spain conference. Then, since I returned to
      > Caracas, I have been busy planning my English for Architecture and
      > Urbaning Planning course, moderating a 6-week online course for the
      > Universidad de Valencia in Spain, writing a chapter for a book, and
      > trying to learn how to put an Applied Linguistics journal online (I
      > have been appointed editor in-chief), and of course, I need some
      time
      > to eat and sleep ;-)
      > >
      > > Well, this message is not only to apologize. I want to share with
      > you that I was promoted to Titular Professor. After reading and
      > discussing my work, the "research committee" unanimously decided
      > give me the promotion :-) and they also praised my work very
      highly.
      > (I will share the veredict with you when I receive a copy). I am
      not
      > sharing this, because the work presented in that study could not
      have
      > been possible without all the help and scaffolding I had from
      Webheads
      > back in 2002. Special thanks to Vance for showing me the way to
      online
      > teaching and learning; to Tere and Sus for supporting me in every
      step
      > of my learning process; to Aiden for letting me practice with her
      > students before getting involved in my own courses; to Sus again
      for
      > being an external observer in my study; to Arnold for pushing me
      > during the long writing process (512 pages) and for his invaluable
      > help with the visual presentation for the oral defense in Spain as
      > well as the creation of the CD with the
      >

      > > appendices; and in general to all those Webheads who have been
      near
      > since 2002 and who have since collaborated in my blended courses.
      > >
      > > A big hug and many kisses for all of you guys!!!!!
      > >
      > > Daf

    • ilsecmonch
      Message 2 of 24 , May 1, 2005
        Dear Daf,

        As one of your graduate students at USB who participated in Baw2005
        and now being part and learning from Webheads I want to congratulate
        you for this so well deserved accomplishment.You are not only a great
        teacher but also a great motivator.

        Cheers and Muchas Felicidades!!!!!
        Ilse:-)

        wrote:

        > Dear friends,
        >
        > First, apologies for being silent during the last weeks. First, my
        trip to Spain where I stayed away from computers after my
        presentation with Maria at the TESOL-Spain conference. Then, since I
        returned to Caracas, I have been busy planning my English for
        Architecture and Urbaning Planning course, moderating a 6-week online
        course for the Universidad de Valencia in Spain, writing a chapter
        for a book, and trying to learn how to put an Applied Linguistics
        journal online (I have been appointed editor in-chief), and of
        course, I need some time to eat and sleep ;-)

        > Well, this message is not only to apologize. I want to share with
        you that I was promoted to Titular Professor. After reading and
        discussing my work, the "research committee" unanimously decided to
        give me the promotion :-) and they also praised my work very highly.
        (I will share the veredict with you when I receive a copy). I am not
        sharing this, because the work presented in that study could not have
        been possible without all the help and scaffolding I had from
        Webheads back in 2002. Special thanks to Vance for showing me the way
        to online teaching and learning; to Tere and Sus for supporting me in
        every step of my learning process; to Aiden for letting me practice
        with her students before getting involved in my own courses; to Sus
        again for being an external observer in my study; to Arnold for
        pushing me during the long writing process (512 pages) and for his
        invaluable help with the visual presentation for the oral defense in
        Spain as well as the creation of the CD with the
        > appendices; and in general to all those Webheads who have been
        near since 2002 and who have since collaborated in my blended courses.

        > A big hug and many kisses for all of you guys!!!!!
        >
        > Daf

      • müzeyyen aykaç
        Message 3 of 24 , May 1, 2005
          Dear Daf,

          As a person who benefits from your studies as invaluable sources in my thesis writing and now tries to be a part and learns from Webheads, I want to congratulate you for this promotion.

          Happy working hours,

          Best regards,

          Müzeyyen Aykaç

          Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:

          Dear friends,

          First, apologies for being silent during the last weeks. First, my trip to Spain where I stayed away from computers after my presentation with Maria at the TESOL-Spain conference. Then, since I returned to Caracas, I have been busy planning my English for Architecture and Urbaning Planning course, moderating a 6-week online course for the Universidad de Valencia in Spain, writing a chapter for a book, and trying to learn how to put an Applied Linguistics journal online (I have been appointed editor in-chief), and of course, I need some time to eat and sleep ;-)

          Well, this message is not only to apologize. I want to share with you that I was promoted to Titular Professor. After reading and discussing my work, the "research committee" unanimously decided to give me the promotion :-) and they also praised my work very highly. (I will share the veredict with you when I receive a copy). I am not sharing this, because the work presented in that study could not have been possible without all the help and scaffolding I had from Webheads back in 2002. Special thanks to Vance for showing me the way to online teaching and learning; to Tere and Sus for supporting me in every step of my learning process; to Aiden for letting me practice with her students before getting involved in my own courses; to Sus again for being an external observer in my study; to Arnold for pushing me during the long writing process (512 pages) and for his invaluable help with the visual presentation for the oral defense in Spain as well as the creation of the CD with the
          appendices; and in general to all those Webheads who have been near since 2002 and who have since collaborated in my blended courses.

          A big hug and many kisses for all of you guys!!!!!

          Daf

        • Evelyn Izquierdo
          Message 4 of 24 , May 3, 2005
            Dear Dafne!

            Congratulations for your promotion! You are such a great and dedicated teacher. You always work so hard, but you do it with pleasure and love for your students. You always do your best. That's the way all teachers should be.
            I am very happy for you, and would like to take advantage of this message to say "thank you Daf". I learnt a lot from you during the Becoming a Webhead course.

            Enjoy this wonderful moment.

            Sweet regards,

            Evelyn Izquierdo
            Profesora de Inglés
            Escuela de Educación
            Facultad de Humanidades y Educación
            Universidad Central de Venezuela
            Tel: 605.2974 / 2975
            E-mail: izquierdo_evelyn@...

          • Jarek Krajka
            Message 5 of 24 , May 4, 2005
              Daf,
              congratulations on becoming the Titular Professor. We are all highly impressed by the amount of work done by you, as we can see it online. We can only be happy that your willingness to share expertise in the area of CALL is not limited to Venezuelan students, but everyone interested from all over the world.

              Best,

              Jarek Krajka, Ph.D.
              Editor-in-Chief, Teaching English with Technology
              http://www.iatefl.org.pl/call/callnl.htm
              Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Lublin, Poland
              jarek.krajka@...
              GG: 4536383, Skype: jkrajka