Whoops! I've done myself in!

  • Thomas Robb
    Message 1 of 24 , May 1 12:47 AM
      Sorry guess, I really, really *meant* to send Daf my private congrats since,
      as you can see from the message, I feel sort of weird posting it publicly
      (which I did anyway). Clicking "reply" instead of "reply to all" wasn't
      quite what I needed to do...

      Daf & I had a conversation once about the birthday messages on webheads and
      she came clearly down on the side of their useful 'community building'
      function, which I must agree with.

      Now you've got TWO messages from me. Sorry about that!

      --Tom

      --
      Thomas Robb, Ph.D.
      Professor, Kyoto Sangyo University

      Message 2 of 24 , May 1 4:40 AM
        Dear Daf,

        Congratulations! Hip, Hip, Hip, Hurrah....

        Hugs
        Joao

        Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:

        Dear friends,

        First, apologies for being silent during the last weeks. First, my trip to Spain where I stayed away from computers after my presentation with Maria at the TESOL-Spain conference. Then, since I returned to Caracas, I have been busy planning my English for Architecture and Urbaning Planning course, moderating a 6-week online course for the Universidad de Valencia in Spain, writing a chapter for a book, and trying to learn how to put an Applied Linguistics journal online (I have been appointed editor in-chief), and of course, I need some time to eat and sleep ;-)

        Well, this message is not only to apologize. I want to share with you that I was promoted to Titular Professor. After reading and discussing my work, the "research committee" unanimously decided to give me the promotion :-) and they also praised my work very highly. (I will share the veredict with you when I receive a copy). I am not sharing this, because the work presented in that study could not have been possible without all the help and scaffolding I had from Webheads back in 2002. Special thanks to Vance for showing me the way to online teaching and learning; to Tere and Sus for supporting me in every step of my learning process; to Aiden for letting me practice with her students before getting involved in my own courses; to Sus again for being an external observer in my study; to Arnold for pushing me during the long writing process (512 pages) and for his invaluable help with the visual presentation for the oral defense in Spain as well as the creation of the CD with the
        appendices; and in general to all those Webheads who have been near since 2002 and who have since collaborated in my blended courses.

        A big hug and many kisses for all of you guys!!!!!

        Daf

      • Ismail
        Message 3 of 24 , May 1 1:00 PM
          Dear Dafne,

          Congratulations for the well-deserved honour for a very special and
          active member in our community. I would like to express my happiness
          for hearing about that and wish you more success and developement in
          the future..

          Regards and wishes,
          Ismail.

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Chrissan"

        • ilsecmonch
          Message 4 of 24 , May 1 6:51 PM
            Dear Daf,

            As one of your graduate students at USB who participated in Baw2005
            and now being part and learning from Webheads I want to congratulate
            you for this so well deserved accomplishment.You are not only a great
            teacher but also a great motivator.

            Cheers and Muchas Felicidades!!!!!
            Ilse:-)

            wrote:

            > Dear friends,
            >
            > First, apologies for being silent during the last weeks. First, my
            trip to Spain where I stayed away from computers after my
            presentation with Maria at the TESOL-Spain conference. Then, since I
            returned to Caracas, I have been busy planning my English for
            Architecture and Urbaning Planning course, moderating a 6-week online
            course for the Universidad de Valencia in Spain, writing a chapter
            for a book, and trying to learn how to put an Applied Linguistics
            journal online (I have been appointed editor in-chief), and of
            course, I need some time to eat and sleep ;-)

            > Well, this message is not only to apologize. I want to share with
            you that I was promoted to Titular Professor. After reading and
            discussing my work, the "research committee" unanimously decided to
            give me the promotion :-) and they also praised my work very highly.
            (I will share the veredict with you when I receive a copy). I am not
            sharing this, because the work presented in that study could not have
            been possible without all the help and scaffolding I had from
            Webheads back in 2002. Special thanks to Vance for showing me the way
            to online teaching and learning; to Tere and Sus for supporting me in
            every step of my learning process; to Aiden for letting me practice
            with her students before getting involved in my own courses; to Sus
            again for being an external observer in my study; to Arnold for
            pushing me during the long writing process (512 pages) and for his
            invaluable help with the visual presentation for the oral defense in
            Spain as well as the creation of the CD with the
            > appendices; and in general to all those Webheads who have been
            near since 2002 and who have since collaborated in my blended courses.

            > A big hug and many kisses for all of you guys!!!!!
            >
            > Daf

          • müzeyyen aykaç
            Message 5 of 24 , May 1 7:11 PM
              Dear Daf,

              As a person who benefits from your studies as invaluable sources in my thesis writing and now tries to be a part and learns from Webheads, I want to congratulate you for this promotion.

              Happy working hours,

              Best regards,

              Müzeyyen Aykaç

              Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:

[...]

            • Evelyn Izquierdo
              Message 6 of 24 , May 3 10:18 AM
                Dear Dafne!

                Congratulations for your promotion! You are such a great and dedicated teacher. You always work so hard, but you do it with pleasure and love for your students. You always do your best. That's the way all teachers should be.
                I am very happy for you, and would like to take advantage of this message to say "thank you Daf". I learnt a lot from you during the Becoming a Webhead course.

                Enjoy this wonderful moment.

                Sweet regards,

                Evelyn Izquierdo
                Profesora de Inglés
                Escuela de Educación
                Facultad de Humanidades y Educación
                Universidad Central de Venezuela
                Tel: 605.2974 / 2975
                E-mail: izquierdo_evelyn@...

              • Jarek Krajka
                Message 7 of 24 , May 4 11:33 AM
                  Daf,
                  congratulations on becoming the Titular Professor. We are all highly impressed by the amount of work done by you, as we can see it online. We can only be happy that your willingness to share expertise in the area of CALL is not limited to Venezuelan students, but everyone interested from all over the world.

                  Best,

                  Jarek Krajka, Ph.D.
                  Editor-in-Chief, Teaching English with Technology
                  http://www.iatefl.org.pl/call/callnl.htm
                  Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Lublin, Poland
                  jarek.krajka@...
                  GG: 4536383, Skype: jkrajka