Re: [evonline2002_webheads] I am a titular professor!!!

  • Thomas Robb
    Message 1 of 24 , May 1, 2005
      Hi Daf,

      I'd like to add my congrats, too! As you know, I don't like to post public
      messages since it sort of forces everyone else to do the same and adds to
      e-mail pollution -- although it does (as we have said) provide a
      community-building function. Your single response to everyone was an elegant
      way to

      Is the title going to make life in VE and work at the univerisity and more
      livable for you, or would you still like to find work in Spain or elsewhere
      sometime?

      There's no need to answer right away. That's the problem with individual
      notes, you feel like you've got to answer individually!

      Cheers,
      Tom

    • Thomas Robb
      Message 2 of 24 , May 1, 2005
        Sorry guess, I really, really *meant* to send Daf my private congrats since,
        as you can see from the message, I feel sort of weird posting it publicly
        (which I did anyway). Clicking "reply" instead of "reply to all" wasn't
        quite what I needed to do...

        Daf & I had a conversation once about the birthday messages on webheads and
        she came clearly down on the side of their useful 'community building'
        function, which I must agree with.

        Now you've got TWO messages from me. Sorry about that!

        --Tom

        --
        Thomas Robb, Ph.D.
        Professor, Kyoto Sangyo University

        Message 3 of 24 , May 1, 2005
          Dear Daf,

          Congratulations! Hip, Hip, Hip, Hurrah....

          Hugs
          Joao

          Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:

          Dear friends,

          First, apologies for being silent during the last weeks. First, my trip to Spain where I stayed away from computers after my presentation with Maria at the TESOL-Spain conference. Then, since I returned to Caracas, I have been busy planning my English for Architecture and Urbaning Planning course, moderating a 6-week online course for the Universidad de Valencia in Spain, writing a chapter for a book, and trying to learn how to put an Applied Linguistics journal online (I have been appointed editor in-chief), and of course, I need some time to eat and sleep ;-)

          Well, this message is not only to apologize. I want to share with you that I was promoted to Titular Professor. After reading and discussing my work, the "research committee" unanimously decided to give me the promotion :-) and they also praised my work very highly. (I will share the veredict with you when I receive a copy). I am not sharing this, because the work presented in that study could not have been possible without all the help and scaffolding I had from Webheads back in 2002. Special thanks to Vance for showing me the way to online teaching and learning; to Tere and Sus for supporting me in every step of my learning process; to Aiden for letting me practice with her students before getting involved in my own courses; to Sus again for being an external observer in my study; to Arnold for pushing me during the long writing process (512 pages) and for his invaluable help with the visual presentation for the oral defense in Spain as well as the creation of the CD with the
          appendices; and in general to all those Webheads who have been near since 2002 and who have since collaborated in my blended courses.

          A big hug and many kisses for all of you guys!!!!!

          Daf

        • Ismail
          Message 4 of 24 , May 1, 2005
            Dear Dafne,

            Congratulations for the well-deserved honour for a very special and
            active member in our community. I would like to express my happiness
            for hearing about that and wish you more success and developement in
            the future..

            Regards and wishes,
            Ismail.

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Chrissan"

          • ilsecmonch
            Message 5 of 24 , May 1, 2005
              Dear Daf,

              As one of your graduate students at USB who participated in Baw2005
              and now being part and learning from Webheads I want to congratulate
              you for this so well deserved accomplishment.You are not only a great
              teacher but also a great motivator.

              Cheers and Muchas Felicidades!!!!!
              Ilse:-)

              wrote:

              > Dear friends,
              >
              > First, apologies for being silent during the last weeks. First, my
              trip to Spain where I stayed away from computers after my
              presentation with Maria at the TESOL-Spain conference. Then, since I
              returned to Caracas, I have been busy planning my English for
              Architecture and Urbaning Planning course, moderating a 6-week online
              course for the Universidad de Valencia in Spain, writing a chapter
              for a book, and trying to learn how to put an Applied Linguistics
              journal online (I have been appointed editor in-chief), and of
              course, I need some time to eat and sleep ;-)

              > Well, this message is not only to apologize. I want to share with
              you that I was promoted to Titular Professor. After reading and
              discussing my work, the "research committee" unanimously decided to
              give me the promotion :-) and they also praised my work very highly.
              (I will share the veredict with you when I receive a copy). I am not
              sharing this, because the work presented in that study could not have
              been possible without all the help and scaffolding I had from
              Webheads back in 2002. Special thanks to Vance for showing me the way
              to online teaching and learning; to Tere and Sus for supporting me in
              every step of my learning process; to Aiden for letting me practice
              with her students before getting involved in my own courses; to Sus
              again for being an external observer in my study; to Arnold for
              pushing me during the long writing process (512 pages) and for his
              invaluable help with the visual presentation for the oral defense in
              Spain as well as the creation of the CD with the
              > appendices; and in general to all those Webheads who have been
              near since 2002 and who have since collaborated in my blended courses.

              > A big hug and many kisses for all of you guys!!!!!
              >
              > Daf

            • müzeyyen aykaç
              Message 6 of 24 , May 1, 2005
                Dear Daf,

                As a person who benefits from your studies as invaluable sources in my thesis writing and now tries to be a part and learns from Webheads, I want to congratulate you for this promotion.

                Happy working hours,

                Best regards,

                Müzeyyen Aykaç

                Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:

[...]

              • Evelyn Izquierdo
                Message 7 of 24 , May 3, 2005
                  Dear Dafne!

                  Congratulations for your promotion! You are such a great and dedicated teacher. You always work so hard, but you do it with pleasure and love for your students. You always do your best. That's the way all teachers should be.
                  I am very happy for you, and would like to take advantage of this message to say "thank you Daf". I learnt a lot from you during the Becoming a Webhead course.

                  Enjoy this wonderful moment.

                  Sweet regards,

                  Evelyn Izquierdo
                  Profesora de Inglés
                  Escuela de Educación
                  Facultad de Humanidades y Educación
                  Universidad Central de Venezuela
                  Tel: 605.2974 / 2975
                  E-mail: izquierdo_evelyn@...

                • Jarek Krajka
                  Message 8 of 24 , May 4, 2005
                    Daf,
                    congratulations on becoming the Titular Professor. We are all highly impressed by the amount of work done by you, as we can see it online. We can only be happy that your willingness to share expertise in the area of CALL is not limited to Venezuelan students, but everyone interested from all over the world.

                    Best,

                    Jarek Krajka, Ph.D.
                    Editor-in-Chief, Teaching English with Technology
                    http://www.iatefl.org.pl/call/callnl.htm
                    Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Lublin, Poland
                    jarek.krajka@...
                    GG: 4536383, Skype: jkrajka