A baby is born

  • Barbara Dieu
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2005
      I would like to announce the birth of a new hub site http://dekita.org and
      invite you to visit it. Aaron Campbell, Rudolf and I are planning to run
      this place as a collaborative effort so send us your suggestions, comments
      and most important of all, tell us about the projects you have been
      developing with your students .

      Dekita.org will highlight the Web-publishing work of EFL (English as a
      Foreign Language)/ESL (English as a Second Language) students, showcase the
      classroom Web-publishing projects in EFL /ESL and introduce links relevant
      to personal Web-publishing in language learning contexts. Dekita.org will
      also serve as a means for learners, educators, and other interested people
      to locate student Web-publications and participate in the conversation.

      Join us at Dekita !

      Warm regards from Brazil,
      Bee

      Barbara Dieu
      http://dekita.org
    • John Hibbs
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 30, 2005
        Hi Dee: What a great idea! And given the skills of you, Aaron and
        Rudolf, I am sure dekita.org will be filled with jems.

        I thought there might be a place for comments, but found only the
        structure and no text and links that didn't help. My bet is before
        this weekend is out, that will be corrected.

        You are all unbelieveably ambitious!!!

        At 6:35 AM -0300 4/30/05, Barbara Dieu wrote:
        >I would like to announce the birth of a new hub site http://dekita.org and
        >invite you to visit it. Aaron Campbell, Rudolf and I are planning to run
        >this place as a collaborative effort so send us your suggestions, comments
        >and most important of all, tell us about the projects you have been
        >developing with your students .
        >
        >Dekita.org will highlight the Web-publishing work of EFL (English as a
        >Foreign Language)/ESL (English as a Second Language) students, showcase the
        >classroom Web-publishing projects in EFL /ESL and introduce links relevant
        >to personal Web-publishing in language learning contexts. Dekita.org will
        >also serve as a means for learners, educators, and other interested people
        >to locate student Web-publications and participate in the conversation.
        >
        >Join us at Dekita !
        >
        >Warm regards from Brazil,
        >Bee
        >
        >Barbara Dieu
        >http://dekita.org
        >

        >For more information:

        >extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please
        >delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply -
        >Thanks!!
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Aiden Yeh

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 30, 2005
            Hi Aiden and John,
            Thanks for the first reactions. We had a technical glitch which lasted a
            couple of hours...but fortunately all is back to order.
            You may visit it again and you will find some goodies waiting for you.
            It has been very instructive and rewarding to team up with and collaborate
            with Aaron and Rudolph on this project.
            I am looking forward to hearing about your comments, suggestions and
            projects with students.
            This is what we are there for!
            Warm regards from Brazil,
            Bee

            Barbara Dieu
            http://dekita.org
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 30, 2005
              Dear Bee,

              Congrats on yet another interesting project! I like the name and the acrostic.

              I will soon include a post about my T-Std blog/plog.

              BTW, did you know that CJ, Aiden's son, is starting to interact with my students? He's teaching them words in Chinese. And Aiden is teaching them the same words in Tagalog. :-)

              Best of luck to the Dekita trio!

              Hugs,

              Teresa

              http://dekita.org

            • Barbara Dieu
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 30, 2005
                > Dear Bee,
                > Congrats on yet another interesting project! I like the name and the
                > acrostic.
                > I will soon include a post about my T-Std blog/plog.
                > BTW, did you know that CJ, Aiden's son, is starting to interact with my
                > students? He's teaching them words in Chinese. And Aiden is teaching them
                > the same words in Tagalog. :-)
                > Best of luck to the Dekita trio!
                xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                Thanks Teresa and your students are lucky to have such a dynamic teacher who
                can get them to communicate with so many different people and learn so much!
                I am looking forward to your posting your project in Dekita so others will
                get inspired.
                Hugs from Brazil,
                Bee
                http://dekita.org

                Barbara Dieu
                Lycée Pasteur, Sao Paulo, Brazil
              • Ismail
                Message 7 of 8 , May 1 1:04 PM
                  Hi Bee,

                  Nice work you have out there, congrats for your baby.. I wounder if
                  you can tell us more about this name "Decita", any clue??

                  I also wanna ask if you plan to collaboratively work on that
                  project ,the three of you only, or plan to make it open to all
                  colleagues and students??

                  Best of luck,
                  Ismail.

                  --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Aiden Yeh
                  <aidenyeh@y...> wrote:
                  > Hi Bee,
                  >
                  > Nice layout. Graphics and photos used give the site that fresh and
                  vibrant look. It looks very promising.

                  > Aiden
                  >
                  > Barbara Dieu <bwjdieu@t...> wrote:
                  > I would like to announce the birth of a new hub site
                  http://dekita.org and
                  > invite you to visit it. Aaron Campbell, Rudolf and I are planning
                  to run
                  > this place as a collaborative effort so send us your suggestions,
                  comments
                  > and most important of all, tell us about the projects you have
                  been
                  > developing with your students .
                  >
                  > Dekita.org will highlight the Web-publishing work of EFL (English
                  as a
                  > Foreign Language)/ESL (English as a Second Language) students,
                  showcase the
                  > classroom Web-publishing projects in EFL /ESL and introduce links
                  relevant
                  > to personal Web-publishing in language learning contexts.
                  Dekita.org will
                  > also serve as a means for learners, educators, and other
                  interested people
                  > to locate student Web-publications and participate in the
                  conversation.

                  > Join us at Dekita !
                  >
                  > Warm regards from Brazil,
                  > Bee
                  >
                  > Barbara Dieu
                  > http://dekita.org

                • Barbara Dieu
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 1 1:27 PM
                    Hi Ismail,
                    Thanks for the kind words and your interest in the project.
                    You can find the origin of the name and a lot of information you ask in the
                    About and FAQ pages (I told Rudolf people do not read them...lol)
                    http://dekita.org/about
                    http://dekita.org/faq
                    We have just started...so we are feeling our ground and the software.
                    For the time being, we accept suggestions, comments and will review
                    projects and articles that are sent to us for publication.
                    Later...all will depend on how we manage our time and resources and if have
                    people willing to collaborate
                    One step at a time :-)