I am a titular professor!!!

  • Dafne
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 29 6:34 PM
      Dear friends,

      First, apologies for being silent during the last weeks. First, my trip to Spain where I stayed away from computers after my presentation with Maria at the TESOL-Spain conference. Then, since I returned to Caracas, I have been busy planning my English for Architecture and Urbaning Planning course, moderating a 6-week online course for the Universidad de Valencia in Spain, writing a chapter for a book, and trying to learn how to put an Applied Linguistics journal online (I have been appointed editor in-chief), and of course, I need some time to eat and sleep ;-)

      Well, this message is not only to apologize. I want to share with you that I was promoted to Titular Professor. After reading and discussing my work, the "research committee" unanimously decided to give me the promotion :-) and they also praised my work very highly. (I will share the veredict with you when I receive a copy). I am not sharing this, because the work presented in that study could not have been possible without all the help and scaffolding I had from Webheads back in 2002. Special thanks to Vance for showing me the way to online teaching and learning; to Tere and Sus for supporting me in every step of my learning process; to Aiden for letting me practice with her students before getting involved in my own courses; to Sus again for being an external observer in my study; to Arnold for pushing me during the long writing process (512 pages) and for his invaluable help with the visual presentation for the oral defense in Spain as well as the creation of the CD with the
      appendices; and in general to all those Webheads who have been near since 2002 and who have since collaborated in my blended courses.

      A big hug and many kisses for all of you guys!!!!!

      Daf

    • Leanne Mackenzie
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 29 8:16 PM
        Congratulations again, Dafne, this time on your
        promotion! (you see I am reading my mail in reverse
        order) I can only judge on your efforts in the BaW,
        but I would agree that it is well-deserved recognition
        for your knowledge, your dedication, your guidance and
        patience with students and your passion to share what
        you can in every possible medium.

        I hope you will find time in your busy schedule to
        celebrate this honour. Enjoy your success!

        Much Love,
        Leanne

      • Dafne
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 29 10:06 PM
          Dear Leanne,

          Thanks a million for your lovely words :-) Yes, I started celebrating with my family last night. I also had a nice chat with Tere, and then with Tere, Buth, and Andy. Next week, I will be celebrating with some dear colleagues ( we are going to have japanese food).

          Re the BaW session, I can tell you that the enthusiasm you guys showed was so contagious, that it was impossible not to be glued to the computer all day not to miss any of your messages ;-)

          imbt (I miss BaW, too)

          Daf

          Leanne Mackenzie <lianadevine@...> wrote:
          Congratulations again, Dafne, this time on your
          promotion! (you see I am reading my mail in reverse
          order) I can only judge on your efforts in the BaW,
          but I would agree that it is well-deserved recognition
          for your knowledge, your dedication, your guidance and
          patience with students and your passion to share what
          you can in every possible medium.

          I hope you will find time in your busy schedule to
          celebrate this honour. Enjoy your success!

          Much Love,
          Leanne

        • Barbara Dieu
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 30 1:21 AM
            Congratulations Daf on your promotion. I am so proud of you, your dedication
            and of all the webheads who helped.
            You deserve all the praise given and I am sure the Applied Linguistics
            Journal will be one more addition to your long list of success. Way to go!
            Hugs from Brazil,
            Bee
            Barbara Dieu
            Lycée Pasteur, Sao Paulo, Brazil
          • Susanne Nyrop
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 30 2:06 AM
              Dearest professor Daf,

              this is very good news indeed. A titular professor is also in teh
              Danish university system a title of great honor for the chosen few who
              have done some excellent and ground breaking work. We're always smiling
              about the usage of professor as a name for just anyone teaching! How I
              wish I could read Spanish, I've had a look at your dissertation work
              but not being able to read it. But I know I don't have to , to know
              from first hand expereince how you have managed to use all of your
              previous teaching creativity and real life expereriences and
              transform this knowledge and understanding into the computer mediated
              and online context. You surely deserve all acknowledgement for this.
              Hopefully your employers are also willing to pay a better salary for
              your deserved title ;-)

              As your close virtual friend and colleague since your early days in
              Webheads way back in January 2002, I recall how we started to
              collaborate in several projects right away when you nstarted on the
              process of becoming a Webhead by heart (I think I was even giving you a
              helping hand with your first homepage in geocities which sounds by now
              surprising, looking at your actual level of expertise :-), and later
              also following your first online teaching efforts with such brilliant
              result, and learning from your ground breaking chat taxonomy - as well
              as a more personal and trustful friendship with you.

              I hope some day to be able to join you in real life as well.

              many virtual hugs and kisses,

              yours Sus
            • Michael Coghlan
              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 30 2:51 AM
                Fantastic Daf! Let me add my voice to the chorus of well deserved
                congratulations! Three cheers!

                - Michael

                At 11:04 AM 4/30/2005, you wrote:

                >Dear friends,
                >
                >First, apologies for being silent during the last weeks. First, my trip to
                >Spain where I stayed away from computers after my presentation with Maria
                >at the TESOL-Spain conference. Then, since I returned to Caracas, I have
                >been busy planning my English for Architecture and Urbaning Planning
                >course, moderating a 6-week online course for the Universidad de Valencia
                >in Spain, writing a chapter for a book, and trying to learn how to put an
                >Applied Linguistics journal online (I have been appointed editor
                >in-chief), and of course, I need some time to eat and sleep ;-)
                <cut>
              • Buthaina Al-Othman
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 30 5:39 AM
                  Congratulations, again Daf! This will be added to my list of reasons
                  of " Why I'm Still Here?", which can be viewd at this URL:

                  < http://www.geocities.com/esl_efl_ku/whystilhere.htm >

                  Way to go, Daf; and congratulations to all of us, Webheads,:-)

                  Buth

                  --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Dafne wrote:

                  > Dear friends,
                  >
                  > First, apologies for being silent during the last weeks. First, my
                  trip to Spain where I stayed away from computers after my
                  presentation with Maria at the TESOL-Spain conference. Then, since I
                  returned to Caracas, I have been busy planning my English for
                  Architecture and Urbaning Planning course, moderating a 6-week
                  online course for the Universidad de Valencia in Spain, writing a
                  chapter for a book, and trying to learn how to put an Applied
                  Linguistics journal online (I have been appointed editor in-chief),
                  and of course, I need some time to eat and sleep ;-)

                  > Well, this message is not only to apologize. I want to share with
                  you that I was promoted to Titular Professor. After reading and
                  discussing my work, the "research committee" unanimously decided to
                  give me the promotion :-) and they also praised my work very highly.
                  (I will share the veredict with you when I receive a copy). I am not
                  sharing this, because the work presented in that study could not
                  have been possible without all the help and scaffolding I had from
                  Webheads back in 2002. Special thanks to Vance for showing me the
                  way to online teaching and learning; to Tere and Sus for supporting
                  me in every step of my learning process; to Aiden for letting me
                  practice with her students before getting involved in my own
                  courses; to Sus again for being an external observer in my study; to
                  Arnold for pushing me during the long writing process (512 pages)
                  and for his invaluable help with the visual presentation for the
                  oral defense in Spain as well as the creation of the CD with the
                  > appendices; and in general to all those Webheads who have been
                  near since 2002 and who have since collaborated in my blended
                  courses.

                  > A big hug and many kisses for all of you guys!!!!!
                  >
                  > Daf
                • Chrissan
                  Message 8 of 24 , Apr 30 6:07 AM
                    Dearest professor Daf, what a wonderful and well-deserved honour. I
                    can only begin to fathom what you have achieved during the last years.
                    Having known you for less than four months, having had you as a tutor
                    and guide through the web (literally)I can think of no one better
                    suited than you, the master scaffolder, for this promotion!

                    iactt (I am close to tears)

                    /Chrissan

                    --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Dafne <dygonza@y...> wrote:

                    > Dear friends,
                    >
                    > First, apologies for being silent during the last weeks. First, my
                    trip to Spain where I stayed away from computers after my presentation
                    with Maria at the TESOL-Spain conference. Then, since I returned to
                    Caracas, I have been busy planning my English for Architecture and
                    Urbaning Planning course, moderating a 6-week online course for the
                    Universidad de Valencia in Spain, writing a chapter for a book, and
                    trying to learn how to put an Applied Linguistics journal online (I
                    have been appointed editor in-chief), and of course, I need some time
                    to eat and sleep ;-)

                    > Well, this message is not only to apologize. I want to share with
                    you that I was promoted to Titular Professor. After reading and
                    discussing my work, the "research committee" unanimously decided to
                    give me the promotion :-) and they also praised my work very highly.
                    (I will share the veredict with you when I receive a copy). I am not
                    sharing this, because the work presented in that study could not have
                    been possible without all the help and scaffolding I had from Webheads
                    back in 2002. Special thanks to Vance for showing me the way to online
                    teaching and learning; to Tere and Sus for supporting me in every step
                    of my learning process; to Aiden for letting me practice with her
                    students before getting involved in my own courses; to Sus again for
                    being an external observer in my study; to Arnold for pushing me
                    during the long writing process (512 pages) and for his invaluable
                    help with the visual presentation for the oral defense in Spain as
                    well as the creation of the CD with the

                    > appendices; and in general to all those Webheads who have been near
                    since 2002 and who have since collaborated in my blended courses.

                    > A big hug and many kisses for all of you guys!!!!!
                    >
                    > Daf

                  • aleweser
                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 30 6:57 AM
                      Congratulations, Daf, and your student's words no doubt mirror what
                      all those of us who had you as moderator felt during the EVO2005
                      earlier on this year.

                      Again, mis mas sinceras felicitaciones
                      Alejandra W.

                      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Dafne <dygonza@y...> wrote:

                      > Dear friends,
                      >
                      > First, apologies for being silent during the last weeks. First, my
                      trip to Spain where I stayed away from computers after my presentation
                      with Maria at the TESOL-Spain conference. Then, since I returned to
                      Caracas, I have been busy planning my English for Architecture and
                      Urbaning Planning course, moderating a 6-week online course for the
                      Universidad de Valencia in Spain, writing a chapter for a book, and
                      trying to learn how to put an Applied Linguistics journal online (I
                      have been appointed editor in-chief), and of course, I need some time
                      to eat and sleep ;-)

                      > Well, this message is not only to apologize. I want to share with
                      you that I was promoted to Titular Professor. After reading and
                      discussing my work, the "research committee" unanimously decided to
                      give me the promotion :-) and they also praised my work very highly.
                      (I will share the veredict with you when I receive a copy). I am not
                      sharing this, because the work presented in that study could not have
                      been possible without all the help and scaffolding I had from Webheads
                      back in 2002. Special thanks to Vance for showing me the way to online
                      teaching and learning; to Tere and Sus for supporting me in every step
                      of my learning process; to Aiden for letting me practice with her
                      students before getting involved in my own courses; to Sus again for
                      being an external observer in my study; to Arnold for pushing me
                      during the long writing process (512 pages) and for his invaluable
                      help with the visual presentation for the oral defense in Spain as
                      well as the creation of the CD with the
                      > appendices; and in general to all those Webheads who have been near
                      since 2002 and who have since collaborated in my blended courses.

                      > A big hug and many kisses for all of you guys!!!!!
                      >
                      > Daf

                    • Aiden Yeh

                        Message 11 of 24 , Apr 30 7:41 AM
                          To those who have followed Daf in her work, there is no surprise with
                          this announcement. In fact, I don't think any of us would be
                          surprised if she were named to a ministerial position, reporting
                          directly to President Zapatero.

                          Congratulations Daf.
                        • Fernanda Rodrigues
                          Message 12 of 24 , Apr 30 8:03 AM
                            Congratulations, Daf, for your well deserved promotion!

                            Hugs

                            Fernanda
                          • Aiden Yeh
                            Message 13 of 24 , Apr 30 8:06 AM
                              You're right, John. I wouldn't be surprised if she was---, hmm, what about Minister of Education? Does that fancy you, Daf? Perhaps a couple of years more, no?

                              aiden

                              John Hibbs <hibbs@...> wrote:
                              To those who have followed Daf in her work, there is no surprise with
                              this announcement. In fact, I don't think any of us would be
                              surprised if she were named to a ministerial position, reporting
                              directly to President Zapatero.

                              Congratulations Daf.

                            • Maria Irene Urriola
                              Message 14 of 24 , Apr 30 10:12 AM
                                Congratulations Daf!!!!!!!!! For both the promotion and the student's words.
                                Besos,
                                María Irene

[...]

                                Yahoo! Groups Links
                              • Rita Zeinstejer
                                Message 15 of 24 , Apr 30 10:47 AM
                                  More congrats, Daf, this time from Argentina...! You deserve your promotion, and the kudos from all Webheads, from the whole world !!!

                                  Big hug,

                                  Rita

                                • CJones
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Apr 30 4:48 PM
                                    Hi, Daf,

                                    I have to add my congratulations as well. You've been there for so
                                    many of us Webheads so many times. You've shared what you learned with
                                    us and with your students and other colleagues. I'm very happy for you
                                    and think that indeed you deserve this promotion. I hope an increase
                                    in salary goes with it because you deserve that, too!

                                    Chris Jones

                                    --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Dafne <dygonza@y...> wrote:

                                    > Well, this message is not only to apologize. I want to share with
                                    you that I was promoted to Titular Professor. After reading and
                                    discussing my work, the "research committee" unanimously decided to
                                    give me the promotion :-) and they also praised my work very highly.
                                    (I will share the veredict with you when I receive a copy). I am not
                                    sharing this, because the work presented in that study could not have
                                    been possible without all the help and scaffolding I had from Webheads
                                    back in 2002.
                                  • Thomas Robb
                                    Message 17 of 24 , May 1, 2005
                                      Hi Daf,

                                      I'd like to add my congrats, too! As you know, I don't like to post public
                                      messages since it sort of forces everyone else to do the same and adds to
                                      e-mail pollution -- although it does (as we have said) provide a
                                      community-building function. Your single response to everyone was an elegant
                                      way to

                                      Is the title going to make life in VE and work at the univerisity and more
                                      livable for you, or would you still like to find work in Spain or elsewhere
                                      sometime?

                                      There's no need to answer right away. That's the problem with individual
                                      notes, you feel like you've got to answer individually!

                                      Cheers,
                                      Tom

                                    • Thomas Robb
                                      Message 18 of 24 , May 1, 2005
                                        Sorry guess, I really, really *meant* to send Daf my private congrats since,
                                        as you can see from the message, I feel sort of weird posting it publicly
                                        (which I did anyway). Clicking "reply" instead of "reply to all" wasn't
                                        quite what I needed to do...

                                        Daf & I had a conversation once about the birthday messages on webheads and
                                        she came clearly down on the side of their useful 'community building'
                                        function, which I must agree with.

                                        Now you've got TWO messages from me. Sorry about that!

                                        --Tom

                                        --
                                        Thomas Robb, Ph.D.
                                        Professor, Kyoto Sangyo University

                                          Message 20 of 24 , May 1, 2005
                                            Dear Dafne,

                                            Congratulations for the well-deserved honour for a very special and
                                            active member in our community. I would like to express my happiness
                                            for hearing about that and wish you more success and developement in
                                            the future..

                                            Regards and wishes,
                                            Ismail.

                                            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Chrissan"

                                          • ilsecmonch
                                            Message 21 of 24 , May 1, 2005
                                              Dear Daf,

                                              As one of your graduate students at USB who participated in Baw2005
                                              and now being part and learning from Webheads I want to congratulate
                                              you for this so well deserved accomplishment.You are not only a great
                                              teacher but also a great motivator.

                                              Cheers and Muchas Felicidades!!!!!
                                              Ilse:-)

                                              wrote:

                                              > Dear friends,
                                              >
                                              > First, apologies for being silent during the last weeks. First, my
                                              trip to Spain where I stayed away from computers after my
                                              presentation with Maria at the TESOL-Spain conference. Then, since I
                                              returned to Caracas, I have been busy planning my English for
                                              Architecture and Urbaning Planning course, moderating a 6-week online
                                              course for the Universidad de Valencia in Spain, writing a chapter
                                              for a book, and trying to learn how to put an Applied Linguistics
                                              journal online (I have been appointed editor in-chief), and of
                                              course, I need some time to eat and sleep ;-)

                                              > Well, this message is not only to apologize. I want to share with
                                              you that I was promoted to Titular Professor. After reading and
                                              discussing my work, the "research committee" unanimously decided to
                                              give me the promotion :-) and they also praised my work very highly.
                                              (I will share the veredict with you when I receive a copy). I am not
                                              sharing this, because the work presented in that study could not have
                                              been possible without all the help and scaffolding I had from
                                              Webheads back in 2002. Special thanks to Vance for showing me the way
                                              to online teaching and learning; to Tere and Sus for supporting me in
                                              every step of my learning process; to Aiden for letting me practice
                                              with her students before getting involved in my own courses; to Sus
                                              again for being an external observer in my study; to Arnold for
                                              pushing me during the long writing process (512 pages) and for his
                                              invaluable help with the visual presentation for the oral defense in
                                              Spain as well as the creation of the CD with the
                                              > appendices; and in general to all those Webheads who have been
                                              near since 2002 and who have since collaborated in my blended courses.

                                              > A big hug and many kisses for all of you guys!!!!!
                                              >
                                              > Daf

                                            • müzeyyen aykaç
                                              Message 22 of 24 , May 1, 2005
                                                Dear Daf,

                                                As a person who benefits from your studies as invaluable sources in my thesis writing and now tries to be a part and learns from Webheads, I want to congratulate you for this promotion.

                                                Happy working hours,

                                                Best regards,

                                                Müzeyyen Aykaç

                                                Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:

[...]

                                              • Evelyn Izquierdo
                                                Message 23 of 24 , May 3, 2005
                                                  Dear Dafne!

                                                  Congratulations for your promotion! You are such a great and dedicated teacher. You always work so hard, but you do it with pleasure and love for your students. You always do your best. That's the way all teachers should be.
                                                  I am very happy for you, and would like to take advantage of this message to say "thank you Daf". I learnt a lot from you during the Becoming a Webhead course.

                                                  Enjoy this wonderful moment.

                                                  Sweet regards,

                                                  Evelyn Izquierdo
                                                  Profesora de Inglés
                                                  Escuela de Educación
                                                  Facultad de Humanidades y Educación
                                                  Universidad Central de Venezuela
                                                  Tel: 605.2974 / 2975
                                                  E-mail: izquierdo_evelyn@...

                                                • Jarek Krajka
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , May 4, 2005
                                                    Daf,
                                                    congratulations on becoming the Titular Professor. We are all highly impressed by the amount of work done by you, as we can see it online. We can only be happy that your willingness to share expertise in the area of CALL is not limited to Venezuelan students, but everyone interested from all over the world.

                                                    Best,

                                                    Jarek Krajka, Ph.D.
                                                    Editor-in-Chief, Teaching English with Technology
                                                    http://www.iatefl.org.pl/call/callnl.htm
                                                    Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Lublin, Poland
                                                    jarek.krajka@...
                                                    GG: 4536383, Skype: jkrajka