Re: [evonline2002_webheads] CCC online conference

  • Michael Coghlan
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2005
      At 06:18 AM 4/5/2005, David W wrote:
      >Hi Webheads;
      >Check this out! Great presentations, and free! Using HorizonWimba I
      >think...

      Yep - all the presentations use HorizonWimba.

      > I'm beginning to see the advantages
      >of recorded presentations -- one can't participate in the discussion,
      >but one can stop, back up, look more
      >carefully at the graphs, powerpoint slides etc., take notes,
      >restart.... On the whole, better imho. What do you
      >think?

      I agree with all these advantages Dave, but as someone once said, if you
      want a busy person to attend something schedule an event at a time and
      they'll be there. Leave it open and optional they'll push it down the list
      of priorities and never get there.

      I personally like the immediacy of the live event and the connection with
      others. That to me is as important as the content. So perhaps the
      asynch/recorded mode is more effective for processing content, and synch
      better for collaboration and a sense of community?

      Thanks for the tip re this conference Dave. (http://econf.cvc.edu/)

      - Michael