CCC online conference

  • not_ants
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4 1:48 PM
      Hi Webheads;
      Check this out! Great presentations, and free! Using HorizonWimba I
      think... I'm beginning to see the advantages
      of recorded presentations -- one can't participate in the discussion,
      but one can stop, back up, look more
      carefully at the graphs, powerpoint slides etc., take notes,
      restart.... On the whole, better imho. What do you
      think?

      http://econf.cvc.edu/

      P.S. Many thanks to Elderbob for the great fiesta and salutations to
      all the Webheads who were in Texas virtually or
      really!
    • Michael Coghlan
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5 7:38 AM
        At 06:18 AM 4/5/2005, David W wrote:
        >Hi Webheads;
        >Check this out! Great presentations, and free! Using HorizonWimba I
        >think...

        Yep - all the presentations use HorizonWimba.

        > I'm beginning to see the advantages
        >of recorded presentations -- one can't participate in the discussion,
        >but one can stop, back up, look more
        >carefully at the graphs, powerpoint slides etc., take notes,
        >restart.... On the whole, better imho. What do you
        >think?

        I agree with all these advantages Dave, but as someone once said, if you
        want a busy person to attend something schedule an event at a time and
        they'll be there. Leave it open and optional they'll push it down the list
        of priorities and never get there.

        I personally like the immediacy of the live event and the connection with
        others. That to me is as important as the content. So perhaps the
        asynch/recorded mode is more effective for processing content, and synch
        better for collaboration and a sense of community?

        Thanks for the tip re this conference Dave. (http://econf.cvc.edu/)

        - Michael