Back from TESOL

  • Jane Petring
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3 9:33 PM
      Hello Everyone!

      I just got back from San Antonio and am still brimming with energy from a terrific conference! The Webheads Fiesta was an event to remember--living a dream of meeting webheads in action. Thank you so much, Elderbob, for pulling this event off.

      I attended a number of stimulating sessions including Vance's cast of Webheads with the Future of CALL and Elizabeth's panel telling us about the innovative uses of video and media, and so many more. My own presentation was well received despite being scheduled for late Friday afternoon. Volunteering a couple of hours in the EV was very fruitful as I picked up more hints of online tools. The most frustrating part of TESOL is always that there is so much to do in such a short period of time. The decision to attend one session is a decision not to attend 25 others, but that has always been the excitement and frustration of TESOL conferences. I love the networking--meeting up with former colleagues, connecting with new colleagues and finding out what's new (and still the same) in the field.

      I'll send some of my pics to Elderbob for him to post, but in the mean time I did put my San Antonio pics on a Webshots page. You can view them at http://community.webshots.com/user/webheadfiesta or
      http://tinyurl.com/6xy26
      Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to put the pics in a logical order using Webshots, so be patient through the first few--most of the shots of webheads are at the end. Technology still has a ways to go.

      The day after tomorrow I'm leaving on a trip to Mexico and Costa Rica so I will be relying on cyber cafes for my internet and webhead fixes. There are so many things to take care of before I leave, but first on the list was to post these pictures and thank Elderbob and the whole Webhead crew. Webheads rule!

      Jane, briefly in Montreal

    • Wendy Seale-Bakes
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4 7:01 PM
        Enjoyed all the pictures, Jane - not just those of the Webheads. Gives those of us who weren't there a glimpse of the city. Thanks!
        Wendy