Events you are welcome to join us in at TESOL March 30-31

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2005
      Hi everyone,

      I'm in Texas now as you can see from
      http://elderboblog.typepad.com/fiesta/2005/03/the_herd_is_on_.html
      (thanks Bob ;-)

      I've been trying to work out what we're doing at the TESOL 2005: The
      39th Annual TESOL Convention and Exhibition March 30-April 2, 2005
      San Antonio, Texas, USA - http://www.tesol.org.

      I'm personally involved in the following events. Webheads are most
      welcome and encouraged to present online via the tools mentioned.

      • Wednesday, March 30, 2005 Internet Fair: IEP, Higher Ed,
      Adult Ed 8:30-9:30 am (14:30-15:30 GMT); from the website at:
      http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~call/ev2005/internetfair/05IFwed.html
      Elizabeth Hanson-Smith, ehansonsmi@... Chris Jones, Aiden Yeh,
      Maria Jordano, Vance Stevens, Dafne Gonzalez CALL IS's Electronic
      Village Online TESOL's CALL Interest Section offers the opportunity
      to participate in the Electronic Village Online (EVO), a
      professional development project and virtual extension of the San
      Antonio Convention. This presentation offers examples from the 14
      sessions offered online in 2005. For six weeks, participants and
      ESOL experts from around the world engage in collaborative, online
      discussion sessions or hands-on virtual workshops of professional
      and scholarly benefit. Based on a wide and varied range of topics--
      community support for ITAs, blogs and blogging, content based
      curricula, video online, lessons written with a word processor,
      Moodle construction, etc. --sessions bring together participants
      beyond the four-day convention and will allow a fuller development
      of ideas than is otherwise possible. The sessions are free and open
      to all interested parties.
      http://www.geocities.com/ehansonsmi/evo2005/evo2005.html

      • Wed evening March 30 there is a webheads party event on-site
      in San Antonio at the The Houston Street Bistro organized by
      ElderBob Brannon and open virtually via wi-fi from 1800 San Antonio
      time (midnight GMT Thu). Bee suggested we use the collective blog
      http://evo05.blogspot.com for the event. Follow these links for more
      information including where to post on other
      blogs:http://elderboblog.typepad.com/fiesta/2005/03/post.html
      http://elderboblog.typepad.com/fiesta/2005/03/on_march_30_i_w.html
      http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/online_events.htm#current

      • I have been invited to present a talk entitled "The future
      is now: How CMC tools for professional development enhance learning
      environments for students" at the CALL-IS Academic Session Thursday,
      March 31 8:30-11:15 (14:30-17:15 GMT) on Future Visions of CALL with
      Deborah Healey, Karen Price, and Jim Duber. Session abstract: "What
      is the future of CALL? Presenters will introduce you to the latest
      in state-of-the-art technology while demonstrating both commercial
      and freeware solutions. Future directions will be discussed." I have
      a website for the event at: http://www.homestead.com/prosites-
      vstevens/files/efi/papers/tesol/2005/call-is.htm . The session will
      be webcast. I'll be using http://www.tinyurl.com/y3eh for the event
      so as to be able to project video without having to orchestrate
      Yahoo Messenger.

      • I'm presenting at the 2005 Classics Internet Fair, Thursday
      March 30, 2-3:30 in San Antonio, 20:00 to 21:30 GMT. URL for the
      event should be linked from http://www.uoregon.edu/~call/ev2005/
      soon.

      This information is available at and will be updated via:
      http://www.vancestevens.com/papers and
      http://www.vancestevens.com/online_events.htm

      If not specified in the event synopsis, try finding us at
      http://www.tappedin.org,
      http://www.alado.com/webheads,
      http://www.tinyurl.com/y3eh,
      and at Yahoo Messenger for web cams of multiple participants.

      If you know of any other events that Webheads can participate in
      from online, without having to travel to San Antonio, please let us
      know via this list.