Santec Seminar from 10-14 February

  • Ismail Fayed
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2005
      Hello again,

      This is new open source platform. It has some similarities to moddle, but I am not sure of all it capabilities. I have registered myself and will try to share my findings about it with everyone if I find anything interesting about it. You can register yourself by using the account below:

      Ismail.

      ----------------------

      The FIRST SANTEC SEMINAR IN 2005
      10-14 February

      The collaborative development of a Free Software (Open Source) E-learning environment in Africa

      Dear Santec members,

      Welcome to the SANTEC Seminars in 2005
      In the New Year 2005, I hope we all will meet again virtually in the Santec seminars. However, we changed our schedule. We decided to concentrate on bimonthly sessions. This comes down to 5 seminars a year: in February, April, June, September and November. We hope that many Santec members will become active participants this year!

      Next seminar: 10-14 February
      The next seminar will take place from Thursday 10th of February till Monday the 14th (Pretoria time).
      The topic: The development of a free (open source) E-learning environment in Africa.
      Prof. Derek Keats, Executive Director, Information & Communication Services of the University of the Western Cape, is willing to give a special contribution about the development of KEWL (Knowledge Environment for Web-based Learning) in the AVOIR (African Virtual Open Initiatives and Resources) Project.
      In a separate email, you will receive your account with full administrative rights, so that you have the freedom to play.

      Focus of Discussion
      Central in the discussion are the requirements or the features YOU as an interested party (users, teachers, tutors, students, researcher, policymaker etc) would like to see in a Next-generation e-learning system for Africa or for countries with comparable conditions.

      Login Kewl Next Generation
      http://kngforge.uwc.ac.za/nextgen/
      username: santec
      password: user.santec

      More information about KEWL.NextGeneration /AVOIR
      Go to the following websites:
      About AVOIR:
      http://avoir.uwc.ac.za/
      About KEWL.NextGen (next generation): http://kngforge.uwc.ac.za/nextgen/ (this site is updated
      hourly from the developers codebase, so it may behave strangely from time
      to time);
      About Open content:
      http://www.firstmonday.org/issues/issue8_2/keats/