Re: [evonline2002_webheads] summer camp for children 11-17 in north cyprus

  • Pantelis Chatziioannou
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7, 2005
      Dear Mustafa,
      i am really sorry but as a Cypriot (without having
      anything against the Turkish people but with the
      illegal state), i may make a note that the state of
      Northern Cyprus is not officially recognised yet.
      Best,
      Pantelis.

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/h8TXDC/6WnJAA/HwKMAA/FeXolB/TM

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 7, 2005
        Thank you for very politely making note of what you felt must be
        pointed out. As list moderator I try to understand, overlook,
        forgive, and tolerate off-topic postings while asking that everyone
        else do the same and try their best to refrain from reacting to such
        topics on this list.

        So, before this goes any further, I'd like to step in as moderator
        and reiterate that we in Webheads relate to one another as unique
        individuals, and recognise each other as educators with common goals
        and aspirations, foremost a desire to help others (or else we
        wouldn't be teachers), and I'd like to stress that we hold no
        individuals here responsible for the politics of his or her
        government.

        I know it's hard to do in a world rife with conflict, but please
        let's forget where the borders are for the purposes of our
        discussions here.

        Having said that, the opinions and concerns of EACH member of this
        list are valued, but those who value the opinions of others must
        agree that where these might be in conflict, it's best to focus on
        our common interests, and continue to learn from one another in a
        spirit of humanism and sharing.

        Thanks to all for having maintained such a positive acceptance and
        appreciation of one another for so long given our great diversity.

        Once again, welcome to all, and let's put this aside and continue to
        work together as before ...

        Vance

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Pantelis Chatziioannou
        <pchatzii@y...> wrote:
        > Dear Mustafa,
        > i am really sorry but as a Cypriot (without having
        > anything against the Turkish people but with the
        > illegal state), i may make a note that the state of
        > Northern Cyprus is not officially recognised yet.
        > Best,
        > Pantelis.
        > --- Mustafa Hurses <mustafahurses@y...> wrote:
        >
        > > We are having english courses for children between
        > > 11-17 during July and August. Students will be here
        > > for two weeks programme. For each teacher that makes
        > > a group of 10 gets everything free. The programme
        > > will include flight from Istanbul to north
        > > cyprus(ERCAN airport+accomodation+food+trips+english
        > > courses and many more for only £550(sterling) which
        > > is very very cheap for a nice island to visit. Have
        > > plenty of information so people that are interested
        > > can reach me at 00905428512816 or mail me at
        > > mhurses@h...
        > > Don't miss this opportunity.
        > >
        > > Mustafa Hurses
      • Pantelis Chatziioannou