shame on me

  • Rita Zeinstejer
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2005
      Hi, dear Webheads,

      I feel ashamed for having been a lurker for so long...., in fact, less than that, as this jet-lag, after-trip-commotion or whatever name I attempt to give it has kept me away from the list.

      I arrived home a week ago, after a month abroad, with a whirl of mixed feelings boiling inside..., and loooots of chores outside...;-) I guess everybody feels like that after a long trip away from home, mainly if the experience has been a clear, moving evidence that Internet, the web, or the Webhead brotherhood (whatever we want to ascribe it to, at this stage) can be the trigger for strong bonds of affection between people who would have never met otherwise. And the chance to share unforgettable times with true friends, with whom hugging f2f bye has been very difficult...

      Karen travelled almost 2 hours from her place to meet me at New Haven train station. We spent some hours together, chatting like old friends, making comments about life and sharing experiences...We had lunch together and enjoyed our meeting so much it was hard to part.

      Tere travelled almost 2 hours from her place to meet me and hubby at Lisbon airport. We met Joao, and we also met their lovely kids, Pedro and Miguel, Tere´s parents and two great friends, Ze Luis and Inha, who are already true friends of ours. We met four times for dinner, we shared good laughs and remembered all dear Webheads who keep the ball rolling not only by contributing periodically to the list, but also by adding this special flavour to the humanity of this community that makes it soooooo special.

      Tere uploaded a page with revealing photos and comments. I am now starting (my pace is slower..:-(((...) a blog, which I intend to fill with instances of my experience, one of the richest in my life. I am this moment uploading my digitalized photos to a Yahoo album, and then will post the address in the new blog, which will serve a threefold purpose, as it will be a motivating means of learning more to me, and it will also be an invitation for other bloggers who would like to add their cents on their successful trips wherever they have been...

      As to "one of the ultimate aims of our group...", i.e. preaching for our cause..., I can tell you I've been invited to a Congress in Buenos Aires, http://www.abs-international.com.ar/cp2005-speakers.htm, to deliver my "Vindicating Chat" ppt presentation on February 24. I am also getting ready for a new presentation on Blogging, which I am preparing thanks to the valuable help of this seminar I am attending, where Aaron, Bee and Graham are sooooooo generously sharing their knowledge and time.

      My best, warmest hugs to all friends, may all members have the chance to live an experience like mine.

      Rita

    • CJones
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2005
        Hi, Rita,

        Don't feel bad. I think we all know what it's like to try to catch up
        on all those "real" life things when we get back from a trip. It's
        impossible to do everything at the same time! I look forward to
        reading your blog as it progresses and seeing your photos when you
        have time to post them. It sounds like a wonderful trip!

        Chris Jones

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Rita Zeinstejer"
        <rita@z...> wrote:
        > Hi, dear Webheads,
        >
        > I feel ashamed for having been a lurker for so long...., in fact,
        less than that, as this jet-lag, after-trip-commotion or whatever
        name I attempt to give it has kept me away from the list.

        > I arrived home a week ago, after a month abroad, with a whirl of
        mixed feelings boiling inside..., and loooots of chores outside...;-)
      • Mustafa Hurses
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2005
          Dear All,
          Thanks for all those great ideas that come through e-mail. Sorry but will not be able to make it to Texas this year maybe next year. Anyway I have something that I would like to share with you all. We are having english courses for children between 11-17 during July and August. Students will be here for two weeks programme. For each teacher that makes a group of 10 gets everything free. The programme will include flight from Istanbul to north cyprus(ERCAN airport+accomodation+food+trips+english courses and many more for only �550(sterling) which is very very cheap for a nice island to visit. Have plenty of information so people that are interested can reach me at 00905428512816 or mail me at mhurses@....
          Don't miss this opportunity.

          Mustafa Hurses

        • Pantelis Chatziioannou
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 7, 2005
            Dear Mustafa,
            i am really sorry but as a Cypriot (without having
            anything against the Turkish people but with the
            illegal state), i may make a note that the state of
            Northern Cyprus is not officially recognised yet.
            Best,
            Pantelis.

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/h8TXDC/6WnJAA/HwKMAA/FeXolB/TM

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 7, 2005
              Thank you for very politely making note of what you felt must be
              pointed out. As list moderator I try to understand, overlook,
              forgive, and tolerate off-topic postings while asking that everyone
              else do the same and try their best to refrain from reacting to such
              topics on this list.

              So, before this goes any further, I'd like to step in as moderator
              and reiterate that we in Webheads relate to one another as unique
              individuals, and recognise each other as educators with common goals
              and aspirations, foremost a desire to help others (or else we
              wouldn't be teachers), and I'd like to stress that we hold no
              individuals here responsible for the politics of his or her
              government.

              I know it's hard to do in a world rife with conflict, but please
              let's forget where the borders are for the purposes of our
              discussions here.

              Having said that, the opinions and concerns of EACH member of this
              list are valued, but those who value the opinions of others must
              agree that where these might be in conflict, it's best to focus on
              our common interests, and continue to learn from one another in a
              spirit of humanism and sharing.

              Thanks to all for having maintained such a positive acceptance and
              appreciation of one another for so long given our great diversity.

              Once again, welcome to all, and let's put this aside and continue to
              work together as before ...

              Vance

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Pantelis Chatziioannou
              <pchatzii@y...> wrote:
              > Dear Mustafa,
              > i am really sorry but as a Cypriot (without having
              > anything against the Turkish people but with the
              > illegal state), i may make a note that the state of
              > Northern Cyprus is not officially recognised yet.
              > Best,
              > Pantelis.
              > --- Mustafa Hurses <mustafahurses@y...> wrote:
              >
              > > We are having english courses for children between
              > > 11-17 during July and August. Students will be here
              > > for two weeks programme. For each teacher that makes
              > > a group of 10 gets everything free. The programme
              > > will include flight from Istanbul to north
              > > cyprus(ERCAN airport+accomodation+food+trips+english
              > > courses and many more for only £550(sterling) which
              > > is very very cheap for a nice island to visit. Have
              > > plenty of information so people that are interested
              > > can reach me at 00905428512816 or mail me at
              > > mhurses@h...
              > > Don't miss this opportunity.
              > >
              > > Mustafa Hurses
            • Pantelis Chatziioannou