Re: Cutting Edge Tools - (Wow!)

  • Buthaina
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
      Dear Christine, and All,

      Just finished watching the first prsentation, and couldn't wait to
      tell you that it's never late, Christine for such a fabulous work
      like that! Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration.

      Christine, it's a "Wow"! You and your students have done a great job.

      Buth

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, cbauer-ramazani@s...
      wrote:
      > Dear Michael and all,
      >

      > A bit late, but I hope that's ok. I finally got the file working
      that I
      > wanted to share with everyone.
      >

      > Your little movie clips in MovieMaker show some great examples of
      what
      > teachers could do as a model for a Listening/Speaking class, but
      the
      > students might even be able to make such a project themselves,
      either in
      > PowerPoint as a narrated slide show, or even in MovieMaker, using
      a digital
      > still camera or maybe a digital video camera. Very nice work,
      Michael, and
      > I'm getting lots of ideas for another online project with my
      current
      > Intensive English students that are at the advanced level.
      >

      > A project that I would like to share with you all involves a
      collaborative
      > effort with one of my CALL Online students from last year, who
      taught a
      > class for us in the summer that really modeled effective
      integration of CALL
      > technology in the classroom. It's done in PowerPoint, with the
      linked files
      > packaged and compressed with IMPATICA, which can also be used to
      package and
      > compress digital video files, e.g. of presentations.
      >

      > Here is the file-please make sure you have the sound on.
      >
      > CALL--From Theory to Practice: Student Projects with PowerPoint
      > <http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/gsl520_online/PPT-
      CALL/Stud-Proj
      > ects-with-PPT--new-imp.html>
      > http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/gsl520_online/PPT-
      CALL/Stud-Proje
      > cts-with-PPT--new-imp.html
      > <http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/gsl520_online/PPT-
      CALL/Stud-Proj
      > ects-with-PPT--new-imp.html>
      >

      > with my digital video camera I have also taken movie clips of a
      CALL Lesson
      > with software and a collaborative CALL lesson between intensive
      English
      > students and undergraduate students in a TESL/TEFL Seminar. Both
      are really
      > good examples of how to use CALL effectively in the classroom. I
      have
      > streamed the clips into my online CALL course and now need
      to "get" them
      > from another computer and import them into my Web site to show
      them. Will
      > do ... I promise.
      >
      > Let me know what you all think of the collaborative CALL project!
      >

      > Christine
      >
      > Christine Bauer-Ramazani

    • Ismail
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
        Hi Christine,

        Thanks for sharing these perfect presentations with us. Anyhow, I am
        a little bit confused and need more details about the way you
        developed this presentation.

        I know that we can use media files in movie maker to develop (WMP)
        video files, and we can use all sources in a PPS presentation for
        sure, but what about the files you sent, What are their formats? Is
        it power point converted into HTML or WMP into something else,
        please give me more details??

        Thanks a million,
        Ismail.

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 6, 2005
          Dear Christine,

          I've always hear that better than never, so... here are my belated kudos on
          the CALL collaborative project. Very impressive and extremely pedagogical!

          Teresa
        • cbauer-ramazani@smcvt.edu
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 7, 2005
            Oh, thank you, Teresa, and everybody that gave me feedback! I hope my CALL
            Online students think so, too. They will be watching it next week and
            commenting on it-how technology supports pedagogy.

            Christine
            Christine Bauer-Ramazani

            I've always hear that better than never, so... here are my belated kudos on
            the CALL collaborative project. Very impressive and extremely pedagogical!

            Teresa

            <http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm>

            _____

            Yahoo! Groups Links