RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Cutting Edge Tools

  • Dafne
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2005
      Dear Christine, Michael, and All,

      I think that these tools (movie and story makers) are great! When I saw Michael's presentation I immediately started thinking on how to use them with my architecture students, and I have some ideas on a unit I am designing about bridges. I am sure that the students would love creating their own presentations, too ;-)

      Your projects are awesome, Christine :-)

      Thanks Christine and Michael for being a source of inspiration!

      hugs,
      Daf

      cbauer-ramazani@... wrote:
      Dear Michael and all,

      A bit late, but I hope that's ok. I finally got the file working that I
      wanted to share with everyone.

      Your little movie clips in MovieMaker show some great examples of what
      teachers could do as a model for a Listening/Speaking class, but the
      students might even be able to make such a project themselves, either in
      PowerPoint as a narrated slide show, or even in MovieMaker, using a digital
      still camera or maybe a digital video camera. Very nice work, Michael, and
      I'm getting lots of ideas for another online project with my current
      Intensive English students that are at the advanced level.

      A project that I would like to share with you all involves a collaborative
      effort with one of my CALL Online students from last year, who taught a
      class for us in the summer that really modeled effective integration of CALL
      technology in the classroom. It's done in PowerPoint, with the linked files
      packaged and compressed with IMPATICA, which can also be used to package and
      compress digital video files, e.g. of presentations.

      Here is the file-please make sure you have the sound on.

      CALL--From Theory to Practice: Student Projects with PowerPoint
      <http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/gsl520_online/PPT-CALL/Stud-Proj
      ects-with-PPT--new-imp.html>
      http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/gsl520_online/PPT-CALL/Stud-Proje
      cts-with-PPT--new-imp.html
      <http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/gsl520_online/PPT-CALL/Stud-Proj
      ects-with-PPT--new-imp.html>

      with my digital video camera I have also taken movie clips of a CALL Lesson
      with software and a collaborative CALL lesson between intensive English
      students and undergraduate students in a TESL/TEFL Seminar. Both are really
      good examples of how to use CALL effectively in the classroom. I have
      streamed the clips into my online CALL course and now need to "get" them
      from another computer and import them into my Web site to show them. Will
      do ... I promise.

      Let me know what you all think of the collaborative CALL project!

      Christine

      Christine Bauer-Ramazani

    • Buthaina
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
        Dear Christine, and All,

        Just finished watching the first prsentation, and couldn't wait to
        tell you that it's never late, Christine for such a fabulous work
        like that! Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration.

        Christine, it's a "Wow"! You and your students have done a great job.

        Buth

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, cbauer-ramazani@s...

      • Ismail
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
          Hi Christine,

          Thanks for sharing these perfect presentations with us. Anyhow, I am
          a little bit confused and need more details about the way you
          developed this presentation.

          I know that we can use media files in movie maker to develop (WMP)
          video files, and we can use all sources in a PPS presentation for
          sure, but what about the files you sent, What are their formats? Is
          it power point converted into HTML or WMP into something else,
          please give me more details??

          Thanks a million,
          Ismail.

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 6, 2005
            Dear Christine,

            I've always hear that better than never, so... here are my belated kudos on
            the CALL collaborative project. Very impressive and extremely pedagogical!

            Teresa
          • cbauer-ramazani@smcvt.edu
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 7, 2005
              Oh, thank you, Teresa, and everybody that gave me feedback! I hope my CALL
              Online students think so, too. They will be watching it next week and
              commenting on it-how technology supports pedagogy.

              Christine
              Christine Bauer-Ramazani

              I've always hear that better than never, so... here are my belated kudos on
              the CALL collaborative project. Very impressive and extremely pedagogical!

              Teresa

              <http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm>

              _____

              Yahoo! Groups Links