Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Two more video search tools

  • Dafne
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2005
      Thanks Jim for sharing this info. I am always looking for videos for my students. I am going out of town for 3 days but when on my return I will take a look at these links ;-)

      Cheers,
      Daf

      Jim Duber <jim@...> wrote:

      Hello again,

      Soon after posting my last message (on Google's beta video search
      tool), I came across a couple more which, unlike Google, search for
      content on the internet.

      Yahoo has a tool in beta testing at:
      http://video.search.yahoo.com/

      And, there's another, called SingingFish that bills itself as
      an"audio/video search engine". See:
      http://search.singingfish.com/sfw/home.jsp

      From my limited testing, I'd say Yahoo's works better than
      SingingFish--at least in returning the results of video files
      on my site (which I find a bit strange since my referrer
      logs have been showing all kinds of activity from
      SingingFish robots over the past 6 months or so.

      Anyway, it's nice to see these tool coming online.

      All the best,

      Jim
      Jim Duber
      duber dot com
      Interactive Media Development, Training and Consulting

      LetsTalk A/V Discussions: http://duber.com/LetsTalk/

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
      document.write('');