Re: updated photo page

  • dygonza
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 25, 2002
      Dearest Tere,
      Words are not enough to express my gratitud for your kind and
      encouraging words. It was very sweet of you to include my
      participation at yesterday's TI session on your page. My "Fallas"
      page was created as a way to reciprocate webheads' kindness and
      generous attitude during these 8 weeks. When you created the Samba
      page, and I could only collaborate with URLs for Sus's page on the
      same topic, I promised myself that I was going to show my own
      cultural page before the sessions were over, and Fallas came just
      handy to do so, of course, I had first to learn from all of you how
      to create my own homepage :-). For the next project there will be at
      least three different-creator pages linked together ;-)
      Many thanks to Lena and Maria Irene for their nice comments on that
      page.

      Lots of hugs,
      Daf
      --- In evonline2002_webheads@y..., Teresa Almeida d'Eça <tmvaz@m...>
      wrote:

      > Dear friends:
      >
      > Another update on the webcam photos session page, this time with a
      big
      > surprise! Take a look! It may take a little while, but it's worth
      it!

      > Go to
      > http://www.malhatlantica.pt/teresadeca/webheadswebcamsessions.htm
      >
      > Have a nice day, Teresa

    • dygonza
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 29, 2002
        I sent the message about Sus's Samba link on Tuesday, but it seems
        that it was kidnapped by Vance's cybergipsies and was now released!
        I will try to be awake for Vance's rehearsal!
        Daf
        --- In evonline2002_webheads@y..., "dygonza" <dygonza@y...> wrote:
        > Sus, the Samba lind had a typo, here's the correct one:
        >
        > http://home19.inet.tele.dk/susnyrop/sambaschool.html
        >
        > Daf
        > PS: I hope this message is posted I have sent several messages
        today
        > and none has been posted.
        >
        > --- In evonline2002_webheads@y..., Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@g...>
        wrote:
        > > Yes!
        > >
        > > On the old efiwebheads list, Vance just told us from San
        Fransisco
> [...]
        > > http://www.malhatlantica.pt/teresadeca/webheadswebcamsessions.htm
        > >
        > > Of course I will have to link to this, as well as all the other
        > > wonderful results of this Webheads in Action homepage factory.
        > Links
        > > sharing is an interesting way of simple knowledge sharing. As a
        > > matter of fact, following all the great results we are
        witnessing -

        > > the lates one was Lena about her beautiful Kazakstan, a very
        > > inspiring insight in your family and origin. ONe of these days,
        > > would like to do likewise, to show my homestead and my folks and
        > > particular interests, for use in other people's EFL classes. I
        > > still have a lot to catch up with on my own bug filled pages :-).
        > So
        > > I feel it is good to know we will not stop here, but continue the
        > > great cooperative efforts.
        > >
        > > Vance has already given up the ball and asked us who would like
        > > help with the practical functions to maintain the documentation
        and
        > > communication.Teresa and dafne already did a great job with your
        > > descriptions of several conferences on your resepctive homepages.
        > > Once I get my silly webcam in action for real, I will do
        likewise.
        > > You a ask me if I can take over writing resumes for our webheads
        > > sessions on Sundays? I have done so occasionally, when I was in
        the
        > > mood, or Vance was too busy. It is easier for me than the editing
        > of
        > > our two hour plus chatlogs; they look so broken in the mail text,
        > and
        > > to upload to the homepage, they need to get tidied up in an
        > editor.
        > > BJ often does the editing on a Tapped In note, and save them in
        > > Vance's office where they are available (for those who know the
        > trick
        > > to find and read them). And Dan is doing a great job maintaining
        > the
        > > Webheads anniversaries
        > >
        > > I think we might take a brainstorm and see what more functions
        > could
        > > be distributed or delegated to volunteers. That would be a great
        > > result of our Webheads in Action
        > >
        > > Yours., Susanne
        > >
        > > PS
        > > I managed to listen to an older voice message from Vance
        > yesterday,
        > > first time I hear you speaking. Surprise to me. I will have to
        > > rethink who you are, as I think I heard your words in another
        key
        > > :-)) Let's have more voice mails, just wait until I get to use
        > the
        > > Wimba voiceboard on my own :-)
        > >

        > > Teresa wrote:
        > >
        > > >Dear friends:
        > > >
        > > >Another update on the webcam photos session page, this time with
        > big
        > > >surprise! Take a look! It may take a little while, but it's

      • aiden yeh
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 29, 2002
          What time would that be (your time, Daf)? Lucky for me the rehearsal would be 8-10 am Saturday, Taiwan time. Unfortunately, the actual conference would be 3 am Sunday !!! Gotta have my alarm clock ready ;-)
          Anyway, congratulations for having been invited to join the EVonline team. Are you still having second thoughts? Go for it, Daf! just like what Tere said, we will be here for you ;-)
          aiden

          dygonza <dygonza@...> wrote: I sent the message about Sus's Samba link on Tuesday, but it seems

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Syllabus:

        • dafne Chavez
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 29, 2002
            Thnaks Aiden for your encouraging words, you guys have set such a high standard for these sessions that I am still dubious, but I might go for it. I was invited to attend the CALL-IS Business Meeting in Salt Lake City, it will help me make up my mind.
            Regarding the time in Spain, the rehearsal will be Saturday from 2 to 4 am., and the presentation will be Saturday in the early evening. I am planning to attend both, let's see if I can keep awake for the former, I know that if I go to bed I won't listen to the alarm clock :-)
            Hoping to see you there,
            Daf

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 29, 2002
              Bueno, I'll see you there then,
              hasta bien,
              aiden

              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 29, 2002
                I really appreciate everyone's support and I look forward to seeing you
                tonight and maybe even in the morning.

                I'm telling people who are interested but who might want to attend some other
                session at the real time to drop by the setup/rehearsal for a sort of
                informal pres, so it might go kind of like the TESOL Arabia thing, informal
                and breezy. During the real presentation I'm expected to maybe say something
                while you guys are there. We'll see what happens.

                And we do it again during the TESOL Conf in Salt Lake City. Maybe we'll have
                a few Webheads at my end as well as others online. Great stuff :-)

                Thanks again,

                Vance

                In a message dated 3/29/02 5:32:20 PM Arabian Standard Time,
                aidenyeh@... writes:

                << Bueno, I'll see you there then,
                hasta bien,
                aiden