Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Blogmeister

  • Fernanda Rodrigues
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 8, 2005
      Daf; I may be reading it in a very informal way, but I think it is a way
      to avoid having to email David Warlick asking for a school pass code
      (which I just did, cause I didn't notice this link : "Now You can
      Register Your Own School"
      http://www.landmark-project.com/blogmeister/index.php?displ
      ay=blogmeister&id=85&panel=)

      I don't think anyone will matter at my school if I register it, but I
      cannot decide about yours.
      Fernanda

      On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 08:20:59 -0800 (PST)
      Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:

      > Yes, Fern, but now they say you can register your own school : Now You can Register Your Own School: http://landmark-project.com/blogmeister/ and they give the instructions to do so, and they even say at the bottom of the page:
      > "Again, feel free to share this information with other educators and through education mailing lists. But do exercise caution to prevent students from learning how to set up schools"
      >
      > So, I really do not know how to go about this. if there should be only a code per institution, this code this code should be the institution's not your personal code. They say this:
      >
      > "After you have completed the form and clicked the submit button, BlogMeister will reload with a message in yellow replacing the school form. This message will include your school's access code. Write this code down and then share it with other teachers in your school who may be interested in experimenting with blog writing"
      >
      > This might be possible in a small school but not in larger institutions, like the one I work for.
      >
      > Hmmmm
      >
      > Daf
      >

      > Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...> wrote:
      > Hi, Daf
      > Have you read: http://landmark-project.com/blogmeister/blogmeister_instructions.pdf
      > It seems we need a school pass code, and only then we can register as
      > teachers.
      > As for your your question, I interpret that just as a reference to the
      > school where we work. I wouldn't feel compelled to ask for permission or
      > even inform my school headmaster. As you say, he might not even know
      > what a blog is.
      > Fernanda
      >

      > On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 07:27:27 -0800 (PST)
      > Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Hmm, I have been reading about the registration processs, and it says:
      > >
      > > "Follow these steps to register your school so that you can register yourself as a BlogMeister teacher:"
      > >
      > > I do not think we as teachers are entitled to register a blog for our institutions without the previous consent of the authorities. Maybe I should ask for an appointment with the rector of my university to ask: can I open a blog for the university? He might not even know what a blog is :-(
      > >
      > > What do you all think?
      > >
      > > Daf
      > >
      > > Robert Brannan <elderbob@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Wow! Here is a idea, I really wish I had thought of. David Warlick
      > > has created something called the "Blogmeister" that allows the
      > > instructor to set up a blogging account for his students. Not only
      > > can the Instructor Blog but so can the students. The real "catch"
      > > here is that the student's blogging does not appear until after the
      > > instructor has approved it. Ergo, no naughty tales or things that
      > > ought not be said, and maybe even a chance for language instructors to
      > > correct mistakes before they go into print. It would certainly give
> [...]

    • Maria Albers de Urriola
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 16, 2005
        Hi everyone,
        After visiting LiveJournal, I found out that it is an open source software,
        as Lynux is. I consider this important as the government in my country,
        according to the presidential decreet 3390, in a term of two years is going
        to change the platforms in all the public offices and schools changed to
        Lynux.
        Greetings from sunny and warm Valencia, Venezuela,
        Maria Irene