Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Now, I wish I had thought of that...

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 7, 2005
      Hi, Bob!

      Happy New Year!

      Nice to hear from you! Thanks for the info. I'll be looking into it over the
      weekend. It's just what I'd like to have.

      Take care,

      Teresa

      > http://landmark-project.com/blogmeister/
      > elderbob
    • Dafne
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 7, 2005
        Hi Bob, long time no see :-)

        I am using LiveJournal and it has a feature for adding communities (e.g.your students). I saw the feature and I created a community for Webheads to join. You can have members join freely, or you may want to approve each request. You can also set it so each message needs your approval or not. I am not sure of how it works, but here is the link:

        http://www.livejournal.com/community/webheads/

        You will find this message:

        Below are the 1 most recent journal entries recorded in Webheads in Action's LiveJournal, click on the Webheads in action link and you will be taken to a page where there is a link to join the community, then you will be asked to register in LiveJournal to be able to be part of the community. That's all I know so far, If you are game, try it out and let us know what follows ;-)

        I don't remember if I set it up for members to be approved, I guess I did (hmmm, my memory is failing).

        See you,

        Daf

        Robert Brannan <elderbob@...> wrote:

        Wow! Here is a idea, I really wish I had thought of. David Warlick
        has created something called the "Blogmeister" that allows the
        instructor to set up a blogging account for his students. Not only
        can the Instructor Blog but so can the students. The real "catch"
        here is that the student's blogging does not appear until after the
        instructor has approved it. Ergo, no naughty tales or things that
        ought not be said, and maybe even a chance for language instructors to
        correct mistakes before they go into print. It would certainly give
        students a better chance at making a good impression on the readers.

        http://landmark-project.com/blogmeister/

        I didn't see anything about fees. If anyone uses it, let me know how
        it worked out.

        elderbob

      • Buthaina
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 8, 2005
          Thanks, Bob; "Blogmeister" really deserves the "Wow"! And, like
          Tere, it's just what I'd like to have, too.

          Best regards,
          Buth

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Brannan"
          <elderbob@e...> wrote:

          > Wow! Here is a idea, I really wish I had thought of. David Warlick
          > has created something called the "Blogmeister" that allows the
          > instructor to set up a blogging account for his students. Not only
          > can the Instructor Blog but so can the students. The real "catch"
          > here is that the student's blogging does not appear until after the
          > instructor has approved it. Ergo, no naughty tales or things that
          > ought not be said, and maybe even a chance for language
          instructors to
          > correct mistakes before they go into print. It would certainly
          give
          > students a better chance at making a good impression on the
          readers.

          > http://landmark-project.com/blogmeister/
          >
          > I didn't see anything about fees. If anyone uses it, let me know
          how
          > it worked out.
          >
          > elderbob
        • John Hibbs
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 8, 2005
            At 12:30 PM +0000 1/8/05, Buthaina wrote:
            >Thanks, Bob; "Blogmeister" really deserves the "Wow"! And, like
            >Tere, it's just what I'd like to have, too.

            Buth, off-list, the remarks mirror those I sent directly to Elder
            Bob. Wow is *exactly* right.

            Others: If you have not visited -

            ><http://landmark-project.com/blogmeister/>

            you should

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 8, 2005
              I have just remembered that in 2003 I used schoolblogs (http://www.schoolblogs.com) with my students. In schoolblogs you can also register your whole class, it has a nice layout that students loved, but unfortunately, the server was down when we most needed it. Blogmeister looks great and user-friendly, thanks for the link, Bob :-)

              Daf

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 8, 2005
                Hmm, I have been reading about the registration processs, and it says:

                "Follow these steps to register your school so that you can register yourself as a BlogMeister teacher:"

                I do not think we as teachers are entitled to register a blog for our institutions without the previous consent of the authorities. Maybe I should ask for an appointment with the rector of my university to ask: can I open a blog for the university? He might not even know what a blog is :-(

                What do you all think?

                Daf

                Robert Brannan <elderbob@...> wrote:

                Wow! Here is a idea, I really wish I had thought of. David Warlick
                has created something called the "Blogmeister" that allows the
                instructor to set up a blogging account for his students. Not only
                can the Instructor Blog but so can the students. The real "catch"
                here is that the student's blogging does not appear until after the
                instructor has approved it. Ergo, no naughty tales or things that
                ought not be said, and maybe even a chance for language instructors to
                correct mistakes before they go into print. It would certainly give
                students a better chance at making a good impression on the readers.

                http://landmark-project.com/blogmeister/

                I didn't see anything about fees. If anyone uses it, let me know how
                it worked out.

                elderbob

              • Fernanda Rodrigues
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 8, 2005
                  Hi, Daf
                  Have you read: http://landmark-project.com/blogmeister/blogmeister_instructions.pdf
                  It seems we need a school pass code, and only then we can register as
                  teachers.
                  As for your your question, I interpret that just as a reference to the
                  school where we work. I wouldn't feel compelled to ask for permission or
                  even inform my school headmaster. As you say, he might not even know
                  what a blog is.
                  Fernanda

                  On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 07:27:27 -0800 (PST)
                  Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:

                  > Hmm, I have been reading about the registration processs, and it says:
                  >
                  > "Follow these steps to register your school so that you can register yourself as a BlogMeister teacher:"
                  >
                  > I do not think we as teachers are entitled to register a blog for our institutions without the previous consent of the authorities. Maybe I should ask for an appointment with the rector of my university to ask: can I open a blog for the university? He might not even know what a blog is :-(
                  >
                  > What do you all think?
                  >
                  > Daf
                  >
                  > Robert Brannan <elderbob@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > Wow! Here is a idea, I really wish I had thought of. David Warlick
                  > has created something called the "Blogmeister" that allows the
                  > instructor to set up a blogging account for his students. Not only
                  > can the Instructor Blog but so can the students. The real "catch"
                  > here is that the student's blogging does not appear until after the
                  > instructor has approved it. Ergo, no naughty tales or things that
                  > ought not be said, and maybe even a chance for language instructors to
                  > correct mistakes before they go into print. It would certainly give
                  > students a better chance at making a good impression on the readers.
                  >
                  > http://landmark-project.com/blogmeister/
                  >
                  > I didn't see anything about fees. If anyone uses it, let me know how
                  > it worked out.
                  >
                  > elderbob
                  >

                  > For more information:
                  >
                  > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

                  > For more information:
                  >
                  > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  Fernanda Rodrigues
                  Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
                  Setúbal
                  http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp
                • Dafne
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 8, 2005
                    Yes, Fern, but now they say you can register your own school : Now You can Register Your Own School: http://landmark-project.com/blogmeister/ and they give the instructions to do so, and they even say at the bottom of the page:
                    "Again, feel free to share this information with other educators and through education mailing lists. But do exercise caution to prevent students from learning how to set up schools"

                    So, I really do not know how to go about this. if there should be only a code per institution, this code this code should be the institution's not your personal code. They say this:

                    "After you have completed the form and clicked the submit button, BlogMeister will reload with a message in yellow replacing the school form. This message will include your school's access code. Write this code down and then share it with other teachers in your school who may be interested in experimenting with blog writing"

                    This might be possible in a small school but not in larger institutions, like the one I work for.

                    Hmmmm

                    Daf

                    Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:

                    > Hmm, I have been reading about the registration processs, and it says:
                    >
                    > "Follow these steps to register your school so that you can register yourself as a BlogMeister teacher:"
                    >
                    > I do not think we as teachers are entitled to register a blog for our institutions without the previous consent of the authorities. Maybe I should ask for an appointment with the rector of my university to ask: can I open a blog for the university? He might not even know what a blog is :-(
                    >
                    > What do you all think?
                    >
                    > Daf
                    >
                    > Robert Brannan <elderbob@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > Wow! Here is a idea, I really wish I had thought of. David Warlick
                    > has created something called the "Blogmeister" that allows the
                    > instructor to set up a blogging account for his students. Not only
                    > can the Instructor Blog but so can the students. The real "catch"
                    > here is that the student's blogging does not appear until after the
                    > instructor has approved it. Ergo, no naughty tales or things that
                    > ought not be said, and maybe even a chance for language instructors to
                    > correct mistakes before they go into print. It would certainly give
                    > students a better chance at making a good impression on the readers.
                    >
                    > http://landmark-project.com/blogmeister/
                    >
                    > I didn't see anything about fees. If anyone uses it, let me know how
                    > it worked out.
                    >
                    > elderbob
                    >

                    > For more information:
                    >
                    > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

                    > For more information:
                    >
                    > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!
                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Fernanda Rodrigues
                    Escola Secund�ria Sebasti�o da Gama
                    Set�bal

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 8, 2005
                      Daf; I may be reading it in a very informal way, but I think it is a way
                      to avoid having to email David Warlick asking for a school pass code
                      (which I just did, cause I didn't notice this link : "Now You can
                      Register Your Own School"
                      http://www.landmark-project.com/blogmeister/index.php?displ
                      ay=blogmeister&id=85&panel=)

                      I don't think anyone will matter at my school if I register it, but I
                      cannot decide about yours.
                      Fernanda

                      On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 08:20:59 -0800 (PST)
                      Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:

> [...]
                      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                      > >

                      > Fernanda Rodrigues
                      > Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
                      > Setúbal
                      > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp
                      >

                      > For more information:
                      >
                      > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

                      > For more information:
                      >
                      > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

                    • Maria Albers de Urriola
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 16, 2005
                        Hi everyone,
                        After visiting LiveJournal, I found out that it is an open source software,
                        as Lynux is. I consider this important as the government in my country,
                        according to the presidential decreet 3390, in a term of two years is going
                        to change the platforms in all the public offices and schools changed to
                        Lynux.
                        Greetings from sunny and warm Valencia, Venezuela,
                        Maria Irene

[...]

                        save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
                        'Thanks & Giving.'
                        http://us.click.yahoo.com/i8TXDC/5WnJAA/HwKMAA/FeXolB/TM