Blogs and VLC

  • cristina costa
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
      Hi there!

      I am taking a master degree in Educational Technologies and I was asked to write a paper about Virtual Learning Communities: how to build an effective VLC and what tools would I consider using, according to the characteristics of the type of community.

      Since I teach English as a foreign language I was thinking about an English language learning community for writing skills improvement.

      The blog seems to be the best tool to serve this purpose.

      I have read some research papers about blogs but have found little about using blogs to improve foreign language students' writing skills.

      Could you suggest me some literature on this subject...or give me some advice?

      thank you .

      I am looking forward to starting webhead's online sessions and learning how to become one!

      MSN Messenger: navysternchen@...
      My website: http://esl-classroom.tripod.com

      Cell phone: +00351 96 61 77 608

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
        Hi, Cristina!

        Happy New Year to you and best wishes for your Master's!!!

        Let me suggest taking a look at my OLE / VLE page

        http://www.malhatlantica.pt/teresadeca/webheads/online-learning-environments.htm

        It starts with links to resources on Blogs!

        HTH.

        Teresa
      • cristina costa
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
          HI Teresa!
          thank you so much for your suggestions.

          Your site is full of interesting articles nand writings.
          Thank you for all the support.

          Take care.
          Cris