message from Muzzayen

  • vstevens
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 26, 2004
      Apologies for cross posting, but Muzzayen was at Tapped In last night conversing with Webheads, and he left this message at Learning Times:

      Send to AUTHOR : Reply directly to this message
      Send to EVERYONE: learningtimes-voices@...
      hello all,
      I am a student in MA TEFL program at Bilkent University,Ankara, Turkey and seeking voice chat class partner for my participants in my thesis study.
      My thesis will investigate students attitudes towards the use of voice ( may be with text-based) chat with intercultural chat partners as a tool to promote their speaking ability. The participants in the study are the tourism students, hence I also want to see how much knowledge they will get about their profession.

      anyone interested should contact me as soon as possible to receive more details. The study will begin by the end of February.

      I would appreciate an early reply!

      merry Christmas

      Muzeyyen Aykac
      Master's candidate
      MA TEFL Program
      Bilkent University
      Ankara-Turkey

    • YD Chen
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 26, 2004
        Hi,Muzzayen,
        Glad to have just read your message Vance forwarded.My students are interested in online voice chat/text chat with students from English-speaking countries though they ,too,enjoy talking with anyone that shows up online.
        You may look at my blog to see what we have done so far here: http://yaodong.bloki.com
        Regards,
        yaodong

        vstevens <vstevens@...> wrote:
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • pinar342000
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 27, 2004
          ---Hi Yaodong
          I am very pleased to hear that!
          I am very attracted from your studies with your students.Actually I
          am a novice in the field of CMC.
          My study will begin by the end of February,2005 and finish in the
          middle of April,2005. However, I wish to implement this CMC in the
          field of second language education to all classes in my home
          institution.
          I will be very grateful if You let me share your ideas and work
          collaboratively.

          best wishes

          Müzeyyen Aykaç
          Bilkent Ankara

          In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, YD Chen <jjcyd@y...> wrote:
          > Hi,Muzzayen,
          > Glad to have just read your message Vance forwarded.My students are
          interested in online voice chat/text chat with students from English-
          speaking countries though they ,too,enjoy talking with anyone that
          shows up online.
          > You may look at my blog to see what we have done so far here:
          http://yaodong.bloki.com
          > Regards,
          > yaodong
          >
          > vstevens <vstevens@e...> wrote:
          > Apologies for cross posting, but Muzzayen was at Tapped In last
          night conversing with Webheads, and he left this message at Learning
          Times:

          > Send to AUTHOR : Reply directly to this message
          > Send to EVERYONE: learningtimes-voices@h...
          > hello all,
          > I am a student in MA TEFL program at Bilkent University,Ankara,
          Turkey and seeking voice chat class partner for my participants in my
          thesis study.
          > My thesis will investigate students attitudes towards the use of
          voice ( may be with text-based) chat with intercultural chat partners
          as a tool to promote their speaking ability. The participants in the
          study are the tourism students, hence I also want to see how much
          knowledge they will get about their profession.

          > anyone interested should contact me as soon as possible to receive
          more details. The study will begin by the end of February.

          > I would appreciate an early reply!
          >
          > merry Christmas
          >
          > Muzeyyen Aykac
          > Master's candidate
          > MA TEFL Program
          > Bilkent University
          > Ankara-Turkey

          > For more information:

          http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.ht

          extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please
          delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply -
          Thanks!!

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Service.

        • YD Chen
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
            Hello Muzey,
            Happy 2005to you!
            My e-classes will start again in Feb and We look forward to working with you online.
            Just let me know what you would like my students to do online.CMC is good for them to polish what they have learned in the traditional classes.
            Best regards,
            yaodong

            pinar342000 <muzeyyenaykac48@...> wrote:

            ---Hi Yaodong
            I am very pleased to hear that!
            I am very attracted from your studies with your students.Actually I
            am a novice in the field of CMC.
            My study will begin by the end of February,2005 and finish in the
            middle of April,2005. However, I wish to implement this CMC in the
            field of second language education to all classes in my home
            institution.
            I will be very grateful if You let me share your ideas and work
            collaboratively.

            best wishes

            M�zeyyen Ayka?lt;BR> Bilkent Ankara