Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Report from the BelNATE Conference - day 2 (a personal perspective)

  • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2004
      Hi, Norbella!

      I was so glad that you could make it yesterday and experience the wonderful
      Elluminate v(irtual)Class tool. Going back three years, I can really relate
      to how you, a newbie in Web conferencing, must have felt yesterday with such
      a sophisticated tool. Nothing seems to be missing, right?

      Thank you for such a comprehensive personal perspective and with such
      flattering words on the presenter trio. It was a wonderful experience for me
      and my two very good friends, Bee and Buth. As I commented yesterday in a
      private message to them, I felt that we were well synchronized and
      complemented one another in a natural way. I was also very happy with the
      enthusiastic Minskies (such a sweet and cute word coined by Sus!) and with
      all the interaction in the text chat area going on in the first
      presentation, and real enthusiasm and excitement in the second part. And I
      loved that last slide in which they wrote their comments. Very gratifying!!!
      :-)

      It was my first time presenting at Elluminate as well as co-presenting with
      two colleagues. I had done this sort of thing solo before, though with
      contributions from Webheads, as always: my first-ever voice venture at Yahoo
      Messenger was in February last year, at the university where I studied, and
      also in Alado at this year's APPI conference. However, I had never used such
      a comprehensive and user-friendly tool as Elluminate. I will add that the
      two training sessions I attended to learn the tricks of moderating in this
      vClass were extremely helpful.

      Norbella, I'm very happy that you had the chance to experience the true
      "Webhead spirit" ("All for one and one for all!") yesterday. In fact, it
      seems that you got into it immediately, because this report of yours is a
      great first example of the spirit I'm referring to! So... welcome to this
      wonderful community! :-)

      One last thing before I go: I had students come up to me today and ask how
      it had gone yesterday. That was also very touching!

      Have a great weekend!

      Teresa