I want to share and learn

  • jorgehumbertovillegas
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
      I just signed up and I'd like to share my experience in Colombia.

      You all can read about my work at the site I have done for the
      language center at Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana in Medellín,
      Colombia.

      http://www.upb.edu.co/cdelenguas/
      http://www.upb.edu.co/cdelenguas/englishexer
      http://www.upb.edu.co/cdelenguas/tesisCMCwriting/VersionHipertextual/TesisCMCwri\
      ting.html
      http://www.upb.edu.co/cdelenguas/call_read_guide.html

      I have begun to create a tutorial for teachers who are not familiar
      with CALL. My plan is to offer as a 120-hour course for our
      undergraduate and specialization in EFL students. Perhaps it will
      become a paperback book and an electronic resource. I have planned to
      start with YahooGroups as a departure platform. I'll let you know my
      progress and I will cry for help. I hope you willbe there to give me a
      hand, beacuse I am planning to involve my students with WiA and
      EVonline as part of those courses.

      I hope to hear from you all and I am looking forward to receive your
      comments.

      Jorge Villegas
    • Susanne Nyrop
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
        hello Jorge,

        and welcome to our community. Your plan for a beginner
        manual for CALL teachers sounds like a great idea!

        From a quick glance at your websites, it seem like
        you're already kind of a Webhead, just waiting for us
        to find you! I'm so happy that Dafne was able to be
        our ambassador in Columbia last week; this was an
        encouraging event for all uf us who managed to
        participate one way or another.

        looking forward to have you with us

        yours, Sus in Denmark

        www.xanga.com/susnyrop

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
          Thanks for the welcome... I'll be around with my ideas

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • vstevens
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
            Thanks, and welcome to webheads.

            Your email arrived as I have found a spare moment. I have put your urls up
            at our webheads community listing at
            http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/evonline2002/community.htm

            Regarding your other question in private email, one beauty of YahooGroups is
            that individual members control what profile each is registered under. You
            have successfully subscribed the profile you wish to use here. You can
            unsubscribe the other profile (if you wish) by logging on to
            http://www.yahoogroups.com/ under that profile and removing Webheads in
            Action from your list of Groups at that profile. You can do the same by
            email. Just send an unsubscribe message according to the instructions in
            the footer of each email you receive from our group (from the address you
            want to unsubscribe of course).

            You can subscribe and unsubscribe at will, you can register with webheads
            under more than one address or profile if you wish, and you can adjust each
            address to receive individual mails, digest packets, or no mails, as you
            wish. If you receive no email you can check messages at the group's website
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evonline2002_webheads/messages

            Again, welcome to all Webheads who have recently joined us.

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2004
              Dear Jorge,

              I enjoyed our short YM chat two days ago. :-)

              I'm catching up on email and have been taking a superficial (for the time
              being) look at your sites. I'm sure I'll be using some of those Sites for
              Kids in my T-S blog
              http://www.malhatlantica.pt/teresadeca/school/fun-with-english5.htm

              I will also be posting the links to your thesis and paper on CALL to the
              Webheads Index
              http://www.malhatlantica.pt/teresadeca/webheads/wia-index.htm

              and to my Online Learning Environments (OLE Page)
              http://www.malhatlantica.pt/teresadeca/webheads/online-learning-environments.htm

              if you don't mind.

              We are always willing to help, so just call (or is it CALL) us if you need
              us! ;-)

              Teresa