Re: Daf's Medellin adventures

  • Dr Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2004
      Dear Webheads--
      I got a sneak preview earlier this week of Jean
      Michel's lovely gift to Dafne---Sus Nyrop had a screen
      shot of it on her desktop, and while we were
      application-sharing in Learning Times (in preparation
      for another Webheads collaboration, a set of online
      presentations for the Minsk IATEFL Conference), she
      showed the stamp collage to me, Aiden, and Sergei.
      It is such a lovely thing to have done, JM, and
      full of the meaning of global communication. What a
      great idea!
      We are waiting with bated breath to see how the
      conference goes, Daf--keep up the good work and say hi
      to Tom and Susan G. for me!
      --Elizabeth
      PS: thanks, everyone, for the birthday greetings--I've
      been celebrating all week! In just 7 months I can
      collect Social Security!

      Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:30:22 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Dafne <dygonza@...>
      Subject: Re: Dafne is in Colombia

      Dear JM, Sus and all,

      I have no words to describe my feelings when, just
      about to have lunch
      with all the presenters and conference organizers, I
      was announced that
      the French vice-consul in Bucaramanga, Colombia had
      sent a message and
      wanted to talk to me. It is not the first time that JM
      has sent
      presents, with his relatives and even his daughter
      while I was in VAlencia.
      But this time it was different. I am in his country,
      and this present,
      when I am about to give a plenary session for 450
      participants,
      surrounded by re-known experts in CALL, was like
      having all webheads backing me
      up, and JM making me feel at home.

      But I had not seen the present yet. I opened it after
      my phone talk
      with JM. I could not believe what I was seeing and
      tears came to my eyes.

      Thanks from the bottom of my heart :-)

      hugs,
      Daf