Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Conference in Colombia

  • Dafne
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 28, 2004
      Dearest Sus,

      I am glad to hear you will be online :-) Let me tell you, I was not asked to do magic with Internet. I was just asked to do a plenary and related workshop about CALL. But how could I give a presentation without Webheads. Nobody is doing CMC, they are talking about CALL, software, and the like, so I am the only one talking about professional development and really using Internet to COMMUNICATE, you know, we are Webheads, and we take risks.

      I am still very relaxed, and i hope to continue like this. So far the plenaries have been very stiff, except from one given by a guy from Belgium who works for Cambridge University Press in Bogota. His presentation was very good depticting the situation of the use of CALL and English learning in Colombia. I am not an academic-like presenter, so let's see how the audience take it.

      Tom and Susan have been great company :-)

      hugs,
      Daf
      PS: I have been taking pics :-)

      Susanne Nyrop <susannenyrop@...> wrote:
      Dear Daf,

      I'll be looking for you in YM tomorrow. It is good to
      be able to travel, and the valley of Medellin sounds
      like a beautiful place - but must be tough to get to a
      conference where you have been asked to do online
      magic, and then find out the connection is slow :-(

      But there will be online volunteers ready to back you
      up, and even with slow connections, webheads manage to
      do the trick, somehow.

      hugs, yours Sus

      PS don't forget to take a few photos on location, or
      ask Susan and Tom to do so.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      Get unlimited calls to