Educational Photoblogs

  • pleiadz65
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 26, 2004
      Dear Webheads,

      I would like to invite you to view and comment on my students'
      photoblogs. I designed this course for the English institute I work
      at as a fun and communicative way to improve vocabulary and writing
      skills for mixed-level, technologically-literate students. Each week
      of our 4-week session will have a theme. This week's theme is "It's
      All About Me." Students were required to post pictures and
      descriptions of themselves. I'm really impressed with what they've
      done.

      Here are the direct links to the photoblogs of my 11 students:

      http://cesar21.buzznet.com/user/
      http://chibau.buzznet.com/user/
      http://wonny83.buzznet.com/user/
      http://davidisac.buzznet.com/user/
      http://ivanenrique.buzznet.com/user/
      http://chikochiko.buzznet.com/user/
      http://greatcandy.buzznet.com/user/
      http://devoid.buzznet.com/user/
      http://mikiyama.buzznet.com/user/
      http://mc4.buzznet.com/user/
      http://hwkey.buzznet.com/user/
      http://dynique.buzznet.com/user/

      Enjoy!

      Audrey (in Nashville, TN -- home of the Grand Ol' Opry)
      actually, I've never been to the Grand Ol' Opry, but maybe, someday,
      I will go...
    • John Hibbs
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 27, 2004
        I never fail to be amazed by the skills of those in the Webheads
        group! The most recent example is the great use of the photo blogs -
        as per the URL's listed below. (I won't snip as I want others blind
        copied to view these. Please visit a few and sign your name...I am
        sure the students will appreciate that.)

        It seems to me that the overarching goal of very educational endeavor
        is to motivate those inside the class (whether virtual or physical).
        To be more precise, I think that goal is to increase the motivation
        to learn by self-directed means - not just about the topic at hand,
        but about any other topic likely to add flavor and richness to their
        lives.

        Adding photos to blogs is a great tool for this purpose.

        Thanks greatly for the examples as illustrated below. As I said at
        the opening, these are wonderful, wonderful examples of how the new
        tools can improve, in affordable ways, methods to increase knowledge
        acquisition and its 'real world' application.

        At 2:17 AM +0000 10/27/04, pleiadz65 wrote:
        >Dear Webheads,
        >
        >I would like to invite you to view and comment on my students'
        >photoblogs. I designed this course for the English institute I work
        >at as a fun and communicative way to improve vocabulary and writing
        >skills for mixed-level, technologically-literate students. Each week
        >of our 4-week session will have a theme. This week's theme is "It's
        >All About Me." Students were required to post pictures and
        >descriptions of themselves. I'm really impressed with what they've
        >done.
        >
        >Here are the direct links to the photoblogs of my 11 students:
        >
        >http://cesar21.buzznet.com/user/
        >http://chibau.buzznet.com/user/
        >http://wonny83.buzznet.com/user/
        >http://davidisac.buzznet.com/user/
        >http://ivanenrique.buzznet.com/user/
        >http://chikochiko.buzznet.com/user/
        >http://greatcandy.buzznet.com/user/
        >http://devoid.buzznet.com/user/
        >http://mikiyama.buzznet.com/user/
        >http://mc4.buzznet.com/user/
        >http://hwkey.buzznet.com/user/
        >http://dynique.buzznet.com/user/
        >
        >Enjoy!
        >
        >Audrey (in Nashville, TN -- home of the Grand Ol' Opry)
        >actually, I've never been to the Grand Ol' Opry, but maybe, someday,
        >I will go...
      • MIAU
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 27, 2004
          I'm sorry but any of the below indicated sites open, all of them give an
          error.
          Greetings,
          Maria Irene

[...]

          extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please
          delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply -
          Thanks!!
          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Mustafa Hurses
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 27, 2004
            Dear All

            I have been assigned to prepare a play for students between 11-13 for the ceremony which will take place at the end of the year. Anyone that can suggest a web page where I can find plays. I am open to all sorts of help.

            Thank you all in advance.

            Mustafa

          • Mustafa Hurses
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 27, 2004
              Dear Buth

              I fnished my holiday a few weeks ago and started work. I would like to start my project that we had talked about last year. Also I found a sponsor here to cover my students expenses. Vance at this stage I will need your help and if everything works out with a good result then I will need more help from anyone that would be interested.

              Mustafa

            • vstevens
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 27, 2004
                ok, Webheads are always happy to help.

                Can you remind us about the project and explain how we can help you?

                Good luck, and wishing you the best,

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 27, 2004
                  Audrey,

                  Can I share these links with my 17 year-old students? I have 16 of
                  them in my oral training 1 class. We did a self-introductory speech
                  yesterday, so I think it's very timely if they could also share what
                  they've done to others. Likewise, it'd also be good if they could
                  see how other students [foreign] do their self-intros.

                  Another question is, can I ask my students to post their messages,
                  too? I guess, you'll have to ask your students, too, if it's OK to
                  share their photoblogs with Taiwanese students :-) If they do not
                  mind this sort of interaction :-)

                  Please let me know.

                  Aiden
                • Buthaina
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 28, 2004
                    Dear Mustafa,

                    Congrats! Really happy for you! This is great news for all of us.

                    Please let me know where and when do you want to meet online, so
                    that we can talk about your plan for your project and other details
                    to get started.

                    Mustafa, it would be great if you could post some information on
                    your project so that other Webheads can learn more about it.

                    Looking forward to working with you, :-)

                    Cheers!

                    Buth

                    --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Mustafa Hurses
                    <mustafahurses@y...> wrote:

                    > Dear Buth
                    >
                    > I fnished my holiday a few weeks ago and started work. I would
                    like to start my project that we had talked about last year. Also I
                    found a sponsor here to cover my students expenses. Vance at this
                    stage I will need your help and if everything works out with a good
                    result then I will need more help from anyone that would be
                    interested.

                    > Mustafa

                  • Mustafa Hurses
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 28, 2004
                      Dear All

                      First of all thanks Buth and Vance. Vance wanted me to let others know what the project is about. Well we had a long conversation with Buth and decided to help me with my project which is not new to most of you but new maybe the first on the island. In north cyprus students learn english by focusing on grammar but are not able to improve their speaking skills. So what I was thinking of was to pilot the project to select students a group of 3-4 students. First to prepare a small syllabus like what subjects they are going to talk about and to meet up every two weeks and chat on the web using the mic and web cam. This will give them a chance to meet different people and will be able to use their english in a better way. So at present help from a few people will do but later I might need more help. I think this explains a bit of what I am thinking of.

                      Mustafa