Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Digest Number 917

  • Dot MacKenzie
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2004
      I have a very unusual request today. Please read the flyer.

      A Drop in an Ocean of Need

      The greatest gift that I ever received was my education, which continues until this day. I am being educated by Webheads all the time and feel happy to be part of this group.

      Everyday, we read about and see the results of war and extreme violence. Sometimes, in amongst the bad news, we see flickers of light as information is given to us about positive happenings in the world.

      Some of the readers of this list live in large cities with art galleries and museums that hold extensive collections of art and artifacts. I ask you to contact any museum or art gallery in your city or country that holds such collections, and request them to hold two separate special exhibitions of pictures, artifacts, and photographs of Tibetan and Afghan and/or Islamic art, hold lectures during the time of the exhibitions, and show films related to Tibet and Afghanistan, e.g. Kandahar or Himalaya, to name just two, and collect the proceeds to help the University of Kabul, and Tibetan refugees. Any money collected would be sent to accredited, trustworthy organizations. Details will be given later if anyone’s imagination is captured by this request. No money will be given to any organization that is not reputable. I have already contacted a few museums and am waiting for responses from them.

      Another idea is to ask national airlines to collect unused air miles in 2 special accounts and donate the air miles to Tibetans and the Red Crescent/Red Cross.

      We are connected to one another by the Internet. Let’s help to spread light around the world, instead of darkness. Perhaps if we work together under the name of Webheads, we will manage to collect some funds for people in need.

      http://kuc02.kuniv.edu.kw/~dotmack/

      http://kuc02.kuniv.edu.kw/~kuoll/

      http://bb.cba.edu.kw/