Sidebar Links and Favorites

  • Jane Petring
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
      I wonder if anyone how can tell me how to make a list of links to student blogs on the sidebar using blogspot (=blogger). I just included the links in one of the posts which I'm hoping I'll be able to change soon. I've started a new blog to record a 4-day English immersion trip where we'll be bicycling to various sites--thus the name of my blog is Of Bikes and Blogs. (www.ofbikesandblogs.blogspot.com) The trip is next week, so I hope to have pictures and student reports added soon.

      Another question--does anyone know of good, free software for organizing "Favorites" (i.e. bookmarks)?

      Thanks,

      Jane Petring

    • Gridyushko
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
        [evonline2002_webheads] Sidebar Links and FavoritesHello Jane,

        Thanks to Bee and the Blogger Support Service I could fix the same problem.

        Please, read the following message and check out the link below.

        >If your template does not already have a link section, it should be easy
        >to create one. Look in your template code and find the sidebar section. To
        >keep the formatting the same, copy one of the existing headers, such as
        >"Archives", and change the label to "Links" (or whatever you prefer).
        >Underneath the new header, you can add the links as described in our
        >Blogger Help article here:
        http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=110

        sergeiG

      • Barbara Dieu
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
          Hello Jane,
          The best way to organize your favourite bookmarks so that you can have
          access to them wherever you are is to use Backflip.
          http://www.backflip.com/login.ihtml

          Warm regards from Brazil,
          Bee

          Barbara Dieu
          Lycée Pasteur, Sao Paulo, Brazil
        • Elderbob.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
            I think I took a different approaches to the whole links issue. When I did
            the www.elderbobonthetrail.blogspot.com , I decided that some links fit
            better in the daily blog section than in the Sidebar, so I have links in
            both places. On the sidebar links I have some links to things that I
            thought people would find useful repeatedly, and in the daily blog body
            section, I have links related to the issues of that date. At some point I
            may even have the same link in both places....I don't think there are any
            hard and fast rules. The nice thing about a blog is it's flexibility.

            ebob

            _____

            [evonline2002_webheads] Sidebar Links and FavoritesHello Jane,

            Thanks to Bee and the Blogger Support Service I could fix the same problem.

            Please, read the following message and check out the link below.

            >If your template does not already have a link section, it should be easy
            >to create one. Look in your template code and find the sidebar section. To
            >keep the formatting the same, copy one of the existing headers, such as
            >"Archives", and change the label to "Links" (or whatever you prefer).
            >Underneath the new header, you can add the links as described in our
            >Blogger Help article here:
            http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=110

            sergeiG

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129hoc75v/M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=gr
            oups/S=1705080709:HM/EXP=1097219278/A=2376776/R=0/SIG=11ldm1jvc/*http://prom
            otions.yahoo.com/ydomains2004/index.html> click here

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=groups/S=
            :HM/A=2376776/rand=143645157>

            _____

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            e>

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • Jane Petring
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 8, 2004
              Thanks Gridyushko, Bee and Elderbob for your responses. I`ll work on the sidebar links and Favorites when I get back from my biking/blogging trip.

              Jane Petring