thesis online

  • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2004
      Dear friends,

      Sorry for the cross-posting, but I think this is an important call to attention.

      Courtesy of Papyrus News, I found out about a thesis that relates directly to our line of work.

      "My doctoral thesis can now be found online. It is titled The Teacher as
      Interface. Teachers of EFL in ICT-rich Environments: Beliefs, Practices,
      Appropriation. The thesis addresses the field of didactics, or rather
      the field where a school subject (EFL), information and communication
      technologies (ICTs) and didactics converge. It aims to analyze how
      teachers of English approach ICTs in their work, and how their practices
      develop in technology-rich settings. In particular, the thesis focuses
      on how learning and teaching develop at the interface of the co-located,
      physical classroom and a distributed and networked learning environment.
      This phenomenon is approached from a sociocultural perspective.
      The URL for the thesis is":
      http://www.ils.uio.no/forskning/doktoravhandlinger/docs/AndreasLund-avhandling.pdf
      Andreas Lund Ph.D.
      University of Oslo, Norway
      andreas.lund@...
      http://www.ils.uio.no

      Just by taking a quick glance at the Table of Contents, Vance, you may want to take a look at #3.8 and the Learning Classroom group at #2. Happy reading! (3 hundred some pages!!!)

      I've only bookmarked it, but haven't had time to take a good look.

      Teresa