The Teacher as Interface

  • Barbara Dieu
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004
      Forwarding from Papyrus News as I thought this may be of great interest of
      some on this list.

      "My doctoral thesis can now be found online. It is titled The Teacher as
      Interface. Teachers of EFL in ICT-rich Environments: Beliefs, Practices,
      Appropriation. The thesis addresses the field of didactics, or rather
      the field where a school subject (EFL), information and communication
      technologies (ICTs) and didactics converge. It aims to analyze how
      teachers of English approach ICTs in their work, and how their practices
      develop in technology-rich settings. In particular, the thesis focuses
      on how learning and teaching develop at the interface of the co-located,
      physical classroom and a distributed and networked learning environment.
      This phenomenon is approached from a sociocultural perspective.
      The URL for the thesis is":
      http://www.ils.uio.no/forskning/doktoravhandlinger/docs/AndreasLund-avhandling.pdf
      Andreas Lund Ph.D.
      University of Oslo, Norway
      andreas.lund@...
      http://www.ils.uio.no

      Barbara Dieu
      Lycée Pasteur, Sao Paulo, Brazil
    • John Hibbs
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004
        Not only do great minds run along the same path, they often do so at
        the same time, regardless of the distance between.

        I am continuously amazed by the abilities of Barbara Dieu in Brazil
        and Teresa Almeida d'Eca in Portugal. And how alike they are!

        Sometimes I wonder if they are fooling all of us? Could they in truth
        be twin sisters who share the same bedroom, computer lab and
        classroom?

        As below:

        At 1:11 PM +0100 10/5/04, Teresa Almeida d'Eça wrote:
        >Sorry for the cross-posting, but I think this is an important call
        >to attention.
        >
        >Courtesy of Papyrus News, I found out about a thesis that relates
        >directly to our line of work.
        >
        >"My doctoral thesis can now be found online. It is titled The Teacher as
        >Interface. Teachers of EFL in ICT-rich Environments: Beliefs, Practices,
        >Appropriation.
      • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004
          Hi, John!

          You just made my day! I really enjoyed reading your message. I was laughing
          heartily while reading the last paragraph, and even asked my husband to come
          read it, because it's so cute.

          But there's an additional curious detail: Bee and I were chatting with each
          other and obviously multitasking, as usual, as we sent our messages not even
          having exchanged ideas about it. How's that for being 'in synch'?! ;-)

          Have a great day! Hugs,

          Teresa