free blogs-where?

  • Jean Vermel
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2004
      Hi,

      I'm wondering if anyone is using blogs with their students and if so, what
      free blog service you're using. It would also be interesting to hear about
      the strengths and weaknesses of that particular service.

      Thanks, jean
    • Barbara Dieu
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2004
        Hello Jean,
        You can find a whole list of providers in different languages on the right
        hand side like area of my blog
        http://beewebhead.blogspot.com
        I use Blogger with my students and am happy with it. It has no ads, offers a
        clean and intuitive interface and a good explanation how to set it up. The
        only pb is that the free version does not store images, but you can display
        them using another free software (hello or flickr).
        Warm regards from Brazil,
        Bee

        Barbara Dieu
        Lycée Pasteur, Sao Paulo, Brazil

        > I'm wondering if anyone is using blogs with their students and if so, what
        > free blog service you're using. It would also be interesting to hear about
        > the strengths and weaknesses of that particular service.
        >
        > Thanks, jean
        > =================
        >
        > Dr. Jean Vermel
        > Coordinator, Online Environments
        > The Mofet Institute
      • venny_sou
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2004
          Hi Jean:

          There are some free blog servers as follows:

          Blogger http://www.blogger.com/
          XANGA: http://www.xanga.com
          BLOG CITY: http://www.blog-city.com/
          (wonderful guide at: http://howto.blog-city.com/)
          BRAVENET: http://www.bravenet.com
          TRIPOD: http://www.tripod.lycos.com

          I have two blog systems: MT and wordpress.
          If you like, I can also offer you a blog in my server.

          Good luck,

          It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
          what is essential is invisible to the eye.
          -- from The Little Prince
          Su, Cheng-chao
          http://venny.myweb.hinet.net/
          http://TaiMOO.ntjcpa.edu.tw:7000/

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Jean Vermel"
          <jean@m...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I'm wondering if anyone is using blogs with their students and if
          so, what
          > free blog service you're using. It would also be interesting to
          hear about
          > the strengths and weaknesses of that particular service.
          >
          > Thanks, jean
        • Maria Jordano
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2004
            Hi Jean,